The Health Growth Solutions (HGS) at Leidos has an immediate opening for a Systems Administrator to manage operations infrastructure in support of our mission to build horizontal capability to drive growth initiatives across the Health Group. Healthcare is one of the fastest growing sectors of the US economy, but the industry faces many challenges in delivering value to providers and payers and in improving patient care outcomes in a highly dynamic marketplace. HGS is at the forefront of defining and building solutions to address those challenges using a go-fast agile approach driven by small teams that rely on and value the contributions of each team member.
HGS has a current job opportunity for a System Administrator supporting our software development programs in Morgantown, WV. You will be responsible for managing configuration and operation of client/server/cloud-based system, including ESXi Server, LAN/WAN Equipment, Windows Servers, Linux Servers, Windows PCs, MacOSX, Atlassian products (JIRA Confluence, BitBucket,etc), AWS, and LDAP. You will optimize system operation and resource utilization and perform system capacity analysis and planning. You will provide assistance to users in accessing and using systems. You will also be responsible for administering, monitoring, and maintaining local networks and servers.
You will provide support in the following areas and manage associated system infrastructures and any processes related to these systems:
- Implementation, troubleshooting, and maintenance of multiple systems (both customer-facing and internal programs).
- Plan for infrastructure support and upgrades that support corporate network initiatives
- Troubleshooting affected systems in lab environment and deployed systems (possibly via HelpDesk if applicable), including day-to-day operations, monitoring, and problem resolution for all client problems.
- Problem identification, diagnosis, and resolution.
- Dispatching system and hardware problems and remain involved in the resolution process.
- Escalation and communication of status to other Tier Help Desks, government management, and internal customers. Must have experience in one or more systems and architectures and associated hardware: client/server based.
- May be tasked with creating, maintaining and coordinating project activities with multiple components.
- Work with engineers from other projects and organizations to leverage on-board expertise to support existing and future implementations.
- Help install and/or troubleshoot Leidos software installed at client sites.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher and a minimum of 4 years’ experience (or Master’s degree and a minimum of 2 years; experience)
- Experience maintaining and configuring the following: ESXi Server, LAN/WAN Equipment, Windows Servers, Linux Servers, Windows PCs, MacOSX, Atlassian products (JIRA Confluence, BitBucket, etc), and LDAP.
- Experience with Bash Shell and Scripting
- Must exhibit reasonable technical expertise in engineering, testing and supporting various technologies including Windows/Unix servers, virtual machines, clustering, routers, firewalls, and network security.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills are a must.
- U.S. Citizenship required.
- Experience configuring and managing Windows 2008 Server
- Experience administering Oracle databases
- Experience with ESXi Server virtualization software
- Experience with Failover Cluster Manager
- Experience with AWS (ECS, EKS, EC2, RDS, Route53)
- Experience with OSX
- Familiarity with Puppet
- Familiarity with security products: Web Application Firewall, DDoS, VPN, IAM
- Familiarity with scaling & load balancing web applications
- Familiarity with various DoD Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs)
- DSS Baseline Technical Security Configurations
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.