Varec, a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, Inc., and leader of bulk liquid management solutions, is seeking to hire an Associate Product Manager to join our team and support our growth into new industry sectors. This is a great opportunity for a product manager, early in their career, looking for more responsibility and autonomy. The position reports to the Product Management and Marketing Manager.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter and highly efficient with a strong technical acumen. They should also be capable and comfortable collaborating with a cross-functional team of product owners, scrum masters, sales managers, engineers and other stakeholders, in support of the company’s strategic growth plans.
Experience working with technology products (software, hardware or both) related to SCADA, process control, automation integration or industrial automation is highly preferred. Remote candidates outside of the Atlanta metro area, with demonstrated experience in these areas, are encouraged to apply.
- Assist in the development of the products and services that support the business strategy.
- Assist in the development of business cases that quantify the financial opportunities for new products and product enhancements.
- Assist in "build" vs "buy" assessments
- Assist in the creation and management of the company’s product roadmap.
- Perform market research on potential offerings, competitive solutions and emerging trends.
- Assist in the analysis of pricing, profitability, revenue, and other internal product data to support future product decisions.
- Prioritize product initiatives across the commercial portfolio, balancing short-term and long-term opportunities.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to prioritize the features and functionality that will bring the most value to our customers.
- Develop and implement go-to-market plans across product lines and work with product owners to ensure successful execution.
- Interact with customers and potential customers to gather user feedback, customer use cases, pain points and other insights in order to be a knowledgeable voice of the customer.
- Develop and maintain strong product knowledge across sectors.
- Present findings and recommendations to leadership and key stakeholders as needed.
- Attend conferences, symposiums and tradeshows on industrial control systems to maintain knowledge on available and competitive technology.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering preferred. Business, computer science or marketing degrees also acceptable
- 2+ years of experience working in a product management, sales, marketing, business analyst or engineering function
- Proficient in current Microsoft Office products
- Ability to travel (15%) domestically
- Strong verbal, written and visual communication skills
- 3+ years of product management experience
- Previous experience working in the Oil and Gas, Chemical and/or Wastewater sectors
- Familiarity with collaboration and project tracking tools, such as Team Foundation Server (TFS), Jira and Confluence
- Familiarity with roadmap tools, such as Roadmunk, Aha, and Productboard
- Familiarity with Kanban or other lean/agile frameworks
- Familiarity with common CRM tools, such as Microsoft Dynamics and Salesforce
- Experience working with remote teams using online tools
- Intermediate level analytical skills
- Demonstrated track record of working across multiple teams and ability to influence decisions without direct authority
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Excellent presentation skills and business acumen in front of customers and distributors.
- Ability to connect with people and create insights from those interactions
Varec, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, is considered the pioneer of inventory tank gauging instrumentation for over 90 years. Today, Varec is a worldwide leader in fuels management systems for total asset visibility and control, supplying integrated hardware and software solutions to oil and gas, defense and aviation markets. The Varec FuelsManager® suite of product solutions has been a longtime standard of major oil companies and the U.S. Department of Defense, as well as aviation tank farm operators and service providers. With its headquarters and manufacturing facility outside of Atlanta, Georgia, Varec also has offices in Virginia, Australia and the United Kingdom. For more information, visit www.varec.com.
External referral eligible
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Marketing Research
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.