The Data Scientist will analyze actual and predictable interacting operational activities of give target sets and client requests to obtain a quantitative, rational basis for decision making through the application of logic and scientific or economic disciplines and techniques. Devises modeling and measuring techniques; utilizes mathematics, statistical methods, engineering methods, operational mathematics techniques (linear programming, game theory, probability theory, symbolic language, etc.), and other principles and laws of scientific and economic disciplines. Identify and evaluate standardized methods, models and algorithms to address intelligence problems of limited scale as directed. Provide documentation for methods and algorithms use in data science solutions to the client and address outstanding items. Must have demonstrated good oral and written communication skills.
MINIMUM REQUIRED SKILLS:
- The candidate must have a minimum of 2 - 4 years of experience; A Bachelor’s degree in a field related to the support services may count for up to four years of this experience.
- Active TS/SCI Clearance is required.
- Ability to achieve Polygraph is a requirement.
- Experience with Data Conditioning & Data Wrangling
- Demonstrated experience with programming languages i.e. Java, Python or R
- Understanding of Data Analytics
- Demonstrated experience with statistics & statistical models
- Demonstrated experience with SQL databases i.e. Oracle, PostgreS
- Ability to identify, retrieve, manipulate, relate and/or exploit multiple structured and unstructured data sets from various sources, including building or generating new data sets as appropriate
- Ability to interpret and evaluate the results of data science community’s methods models and/or algorithms, understanding the meaning, limitations and scope of the results, and translate them into insightful output for data science and/or mission and identifying other applications for use
- Ability to initiate the efficient implementation of methods, tools, and algorithms using a comprehensive range of technologies
- Experience in visualization, communication & story-telling based on data and analytics findings
- Data Analytics
- Experience in Machine Learning
- Knowledge and experience with database creation and management
- Geospatial Information Systems
- Knowledge of ESRI Suite
- Knowledge of PostGIS
- Knowledge of QGIS
- Cloud Environment
- Experience in deploying applications
- Experience in testing applications
Additionally the candidates shall:
- Interact with analysts and routinely take, and translate analytical requirements and transform them into data formats to allow for use and the application of new emerging analytical methodologies
- Interpret rich data sources, manage large amounts of data, merge data sources together, ensure consistency of data-sets, support the creation of visualizations to understand data, build mathematical models using the data, present and communicate the data insights/findings to specialists and scientists in their team and if required to a non-expert audience
- Design, develop, program, and test applications and exchange data within and amongst information systems.
"External Referral Eligible"
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Data Scientist
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.