Leidos is seeking a Security Architecture Engineer to join a growing team of Information Assurance and Security professionals. The selected candidate will design, develop, implement, and integrate solutions or tools for secure networking, computing, and enclave environments. Work with the Regional and Local Information Assurance personnel in identification and implementation of appropriate information security functionality
• Provide expertise as a security engineering representative for the design, development, implementation, and integration of solutions or tools to support secure networking, computing, and enclave environments
• Apply knowledge of Information Assurance security best practices, policies, and procedures
• Architect, design, test, and integrate technical solutions and custom tools for secure operating systems, networks, monitoring, tuning, data loss prevention, and management with a focus on establishing a cohesive security program
• Develop solutions and manage projects for complex technical issues and problems
• Provide technical influence and guidance to team regarding solution design, process, and approach
• Work with information assurance management to manage and maintain efficient resource planning, improving security program standards and procedures, and researching solutions to support program objectives
• Identifies security vulnerabilities and needed security protection measures
• Responsible for creating detailed Plan of Action & Milestones (POA&M) used to implement security controls; including resources required, tasks, milestones, and completion dates
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in Computer Science, Information Assurance, Cybersecurity or related field with a minimum 8 years of experience
• DoD Approved 8570 IAT Level II Certifications
• Expertise in network technology and systems security engineering
• Experience in identifying, researching, characterizing, and documenting security weaknesses related to operating systems, software applications, firmware, network hardware components, as well as network architecture design, documented policies, procedures
• Knowledge of, and practical experience with the NIST Special Publications 800 Series, CNSSI 1253, and DoD 8500.
• Should have significant hands on experience implementing security, hardware, software, and network components
• Advanced programming (C++, C#) and scripting experience (Python, Bash, PowerShell)
• Significant experience with entire software development lifecycle (SDLC) or ITIL IT Service Management certifications
• Understanding of the Risk Management Framework System Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
• Ability to work independently within a schedule and with little direction
• Strong writing skills
• Advanced DoDM 8570 certification at IAM II or IASAE I
• Experience with Information Assurance standards in Special Access Programs
• Experience in any of the following roles: Cloud Security, Identity & Access Management, Platform Security, Network Security and Operational Technology Security.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Security Architecture and Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.