Leidos has an opening for System Software Specialist. This opening is a will support our program that is being deployed to Army installations in CONUS. Our home base for the program is in Edgewood MD. The position will lead our system build team at our Lakeside Edgewood MD facility.
Responsible for performing as a software specialist for the process of building, integrating, testing, conducting a joint inventory of all system prior to shipment to the field.
The responsibility includes coordinating with the System Build Manager for due dates to be shipped by and also coordinating with the APM for Logistics on material to build, integrate and then to process for shipping.
Primary duties include:
- Reports to the System Build Manager.
- Build and integrate the systems software for systems being deployed.
- Receive the Bill of Material for a site from the APM for Logistics team in the warehouse and begin the build and integration process for designated systems in the preceding paragraph at Lakeside.
- After systems are built, the Lead will coordinate the conduct of testing and the joint inventory (JI). The JI will be witnessed by the Government representative.
- Responsible for the tracking of orders to ensure deadlines are met and status is provided to System Build Manager and the Fielding Manager. Upon receipt, Goods Receipts are generate, equipment is accounted for and stored by site in the warehouse.
- Responsible to ensure that equipment is moved into the integration center in a timely fashion for integration and at the conclusion site material is kitted and shipped by the required date.
- Responsible for the assigned workspace for the build team to keep it neat, orderly and laid out to support the efforts.
- Responsible to for safe storage and use of images for the various system components.
- Provide updates to the Monthly scheduling process enabled by the Master Scheduler
- Provide updates to the System Build Manager on the status of builds
- Prepare/Provide information for and present at the monthly IPT program meetings with the Government
- Generate various reports as needed
- Must be a US Citizen and possess or be eligible for a Secret clearance.
- Requires a BS Degree; Additional experience may be accepted in lieu a degree.
- Must have 3+ years of experience to include experience and knowledge of configuration management of large IT programs, managing technical teams, customer care operations ability to work with customers and experience Project Management experience working on large IT programs
- Experience in participating in project teams to include integrated product/project teams (IPTs) and working with customers
- Experience in handing PII for commercial and Government customers
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Specialist
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.