The Leidos Spatial Solutions team has an opening for an experienced System Administrator to work on cloud-based systems with a mission operations team. The team is involved in operation and sustainment of multiple operational cloud deployed geospatial solutions. A successful candidate will have experience with installation, configuration, administration, support and maintenance of cloud-based systems.
Primary Roles & Responsibilities:
Primary responsibilities will involve taking a leadership role in system changes and improvements; working directly with government and contractor POCs to troubleshoot and responding to complex user INCs (Incident Reports); proactively monitor all operational systems and perform some of the more complex health checks; Deploy security patches and bug fixes to test and operational environments; update critical databases with new data; author and update operational and security documentation, including troubleshooting guides and SOPs
- TS/SCI Clearance is required to start; must be able to obtain a Polygraph post hire
- DOD 8570 Certification (Security+ or equivalent or higher)
- Requires BS degree and 8+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6+ years of prior relevant experience; OR 4 years of experience in lieu of degree
- Experience in AWS/Cloud technologies
- Must have experience with Microsoft Windows Server
- Knowledge of Systems, Architectural, SW Development and SW Sustainment Practices
- Windows administration experience
- Experience with RHEL
- Experience with ArcGIS/ESRI automation and deployments
- Understanding of RDS and SQL Technology
- AWS Solutions Architect, AWS Developer, Certification(s)
- Experience with IC Cloud Architecture implementation methodologies
- Team Collaboration tools and administration (Jira, Confluence, Hipchat/RocketChat/Mattermost)
- TS/SCI with Polygraph
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:5000
Potential for Telework:Yes, 25%
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.