Military & Veterans Health operation is seeking a Principal PFA to support a large new contract, BID. This contract is highly dynamic and enables visibility and collaboration with the highest levels of the Operation and Group leadership. This position reports directly to the VA Health Division Finance and Business Operations Senior Manager. Significant growth opportunities based on performance.
The position will have measurable impact on the program’s operational accomplishments. This position will be an independent problem solver that can pull together knowledge from a broad range of subjects to produce thorough analyses of complex, challenging issues, and use those analyses to find solutions. Excellent communication skills both internally and externally are essential to the success of this position as we work with all functional peers along with the project.
This position is contingent upon contract award.
- Support the overall reporting of BID program finances to include financial service level agreements (SLA) labor forecast, progress against internal financial performance metrics
- Support oversight from a financial perspective of proposal pricing including risk assessment and cash flow analysis
- Support monthly financial reviews (Awards, Net Bookings, Revenue, Fee, Cash)
- Support Annual Operating Plan for business area and supporting the process through final presentations to senior management
- Leading Estimate at complete process and presenting results
- Support Ad-Hoc special requests from the program and finance management teams
- Assist Monthly Operating Review and Quarterly Business Review charts
- Ensures timely and accurate monthly invoices
- Completes monthly progress reports
- Works independently on moderate to large projects
- Backlog analysis
- Basis-Of-Estimate support for proposal effort
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelors degree with 12+ years of experience or Masters and 10+ years of experience
- Proficient in Microsoft applications: Excel, Power Point and Word
- Working knowledge of the Project Control field with the ability to complete difficult assignments.
- Strong analytical ability.
- Strong organizational skills needed to handle multiple task/projects and to work independently.
- Ability to analyze problems for root cause and implement corrective action.
- Ability to handle high volume of data in a fast-paced, cyclical and demanding work environment.
- Must possess proven capability and experience working both tandem and serial tasks, with a self-motivated and can do attitude.
- Knowledge of financial systems and applications; such as: Costpoint, Oracle Business Intelligence, Cognos, Fusion, and LPAS
- SOX knowledge
- GAAP Knowledge
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Program Financial Control
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.