Leidos currently has an opening for a Monitoring Specialist (CSE) in Austin, TX., supporting the VA NDCOL division.
This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the IOSS mission. The mission of the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), Office of Information & Technology (OI&T), Information Technology (IT) Operations and Services (ITOPS), Infrastructure Operations (IO) is to support One VA with world-class service to Veterans and their families. The focus of this position will be to monitor facilities infrastructure equipment and telecommunications circuits at multiple VA sites and alert VA personnel when issues are detected via various software tools.
This position will be supporting the VA Facilities Division. This is part of a 24/7/365 team and the primary Tour of Duty for this position will be Monday - Friday, 4:00pm-Midnight
There may be occasions when the shift may change or be modified temporarily in order to provide the client with full coverage.
A successful candidate will have experience with:
- Monitoring tools, such as:
- Nlyte Energy Optimizer (NEO)
- Using communications tools, such as email, text messaging and voice calls to disseminate information to specific contacts
- Discerning informational messages versus alert/issue messages
- Following published procedures when an issue is reported via the software tools
- Detail oriented to insure clear communication of issue to point of contact
- Updating relevant files with accurate information, actions/direction and status
- Track issues reported concerning initial contact, direction provided and next steps
- Reporting all potential problems with processes, schedules, software tools and alerts, which could have an impact to operations
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and tracking skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree OR 8 years of relevant experience may be substituted for education.
- Experience using Microsoft Office products - Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Skype, etc.
- Primarily a sedentary position, sitting at a desk, watching numbers monitors/screens for alerts and then following process/procedures when alerts occur.
- Occasionally must be able to lift and/or move objects 10-50 lbs.
- Specific vision abilities required – close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust/focus.
- Ability to obtain Public Trust clearance
- Must be a US citizen, Government contract requirement
- Experience with Nlyte Energy Optimizer (NEO)
- Experience with SolarWinds
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Shift:24/7 12 Hour Shift Pattern
Job Family:Customer Service
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.