The Mission Support Operation is currently soliciting experienced Collection Technology Specialists (Webscraper) to be part of a Data Exploitation Technology Team for a language services contract supporting an Intelligence Community customer in the National Capital Region (NCR). Collection Technology Specialists will use technical tools to collect metadata and content from publically accessible websites, format the data, and send the results to ingest points.
- The web collection specialists configure, test, and monitor webscraping tools and the workflows that ingest the data.
- Though not required for all positions, specialists with language proficiency independently confirm that vernacular data is collected and formatted correctly, otherwise, may be required to work closely with a translator to satisfy specific web collection requests.
- The successful candidate will perform a variety of data collection tasks, including crawling selected web sources to determine structure, metadata, and data discovery; formatting data to be compatible with downstream systems; performing API pulls, posting the resulting data to cloud-based systems.
- BA degree and 2 – 4 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience.
- Have in-depth understanding of webscraping and data transfers via APIs and be able to work with technology-based data collection in a variety of formats, such as HTML, JSON, XML, REST.
- Familiarity with processing foreign language text with Unicode standards
- Understand how to code scripts or software routines to perform and control reliable web collection
- Ability to work independently and as a contributor to a virtual team
- Self-starter with curious mindset and desire to solve problems and learn new skills
- Strong organizational skills, time-management skills, attention to detail, and strong initiative
- Effective communicator in both written and verbal formats for a variety of audiences
- Taken training or coursework in digital curation, metadata, digital libraries, electronic records management, big data analytics for the Web and text, ontologies, data semantics, information visualization, digital publishing standards and systems, and data management for big data
- Experience with Human Language Technology (HLT) such as computer assisted translation (CAT) tools, post-edited machine translation, and adaptive machine translation tools.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:5000
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.