Leidos currently has an opening for an Administrative Assistant in Austin, TX to support the VA remotely. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the IOSS mission. The mission of the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), Office of Information & Technology (OI&T), Information Technology (IT) Operations and Services (ITOPS), Infrastructure Operations (IO) is to support One VA with world-class service to Veterans and their families by delivering results-oriented, secure, highly available, and cost-effective information technology services provided/housed in a data center.
- Facilitate and schedule appointments, coordinate meetings and reserve conference space for personnel as well as performing meeting set-up and other coordination activities.
- Prepare interoffice correspondence and maintain administrative filing system.
- Prepare and maintain operating and desk procedures, methods, standards, policy memorandum and techniques concerning administrative procedures.
- Maintain incoming and outgoing e-mails corresponding with the IOSS contract; includes taking action on each message and organizing priority of correspondence.
- Prepare, edit and/or conduct reviews for recurring and one-time reports, suspense items, date sensitive actions and correspondence.
- Ensure final documents are routed or mailed to the designated source(s) after receipt of all required concurrence/approvals.
- Handle domestic travel arrangements for staff who require business travel.
- Manage Service Line staff email distribution lists
- Assist with presentations
- Superior in Administrative Support.
- Competent with process improvement techniques and principles.
- Strong critical thinking, and gap analysis abilities.
- Strong interpersonal skills - brainstorms with other staff members for resolutions.
- Superior human interaction skills with the ability to meet and deal effectively with individuals of all levels inside and outside of the workplace.
- Superior planning, scheduling and coordinating skills working with management to create a smooth workflow and timely deliverables.
- Excellent special projects administrator skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills.
- Superior organizational and time management skills.
- AA or 2-year Business School
- Minimum of 8 years of related work experience
- 4 years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for education
- Experience using Microsoft Office products - Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Skype, etc.
- Ability to obtain Public Trust clearance
- Must be a US citizen
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.