The P516 program currently has an opening for a Video Software Engineer to work in our northern VA office. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the P516 mission.
• Serves as the senior video software engineer
• Responsible for requirements, design, coding, testing, deployment and maintenance of video software solutions
• Performs enterprise-wide horizontal integration planning and interfaces to other functional systems to include the enterprise networks and audio systems
• Plans and manages multiple projects based on customer demand
• Provides tier 3 consultation for operational tickets
• Advises the installation and operational teams on best practices
• Consults with users, management, vendors, and technicians to assess video software needs and system requirements
• Stays abreast of advances in technology in video, audio and network engineering
• Involved with the upkeep, maintenance, and security of the video software systems
• Analyzes the video software needs of their organizations from an operational and strategic perspective and determine immediate and long-range personnel and equipment requirements
• Provides weekly and monthly status reports
• Other duties as assigned
• Active TS/SCI with polygraph required
• Software, video, audio and network technology experience
• The candidate should possess general business knowledge and soft-skills allowing them to be adaptable in a wide array of work environments. The candidate should have the willingness to participate in these type of activities when called upon to do so
• Must be able to interface with individuals at all levels of the organization both verbally and in writing
• Bachelors Degree with 12 years of relevant experience. 4 years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree
• Multiple Extron certifications to include Extron authorized programmer
• Voice telecommunications experience
• Working knowledge of the customer environment and infrastructure
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.