Leidos currently has an opening for a Mailroom Specialist in Austin, TX.. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the IOSS mission. The mission of the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), Office of Information & Technology (OI&T), Information Technology (IT) Operations and Services (ITOPS), Infrastructure Operations (IO) is to support One VA with world-class service to Veterans and their families.
This position will be supporting the VA-AITC mailroom. This is part of a team provide distribution services including preparation of hard copy reports, documents, Computer Discs, mail, priority mail shipments. A successful candidate will have experience with:
- Prepare and distribute production output to include hard-copy reports, documents, and microfiche.
- The Contractor shall sort, separate, fold, insert, label, and prepare for packing and mailing.
- Perform required quality control. Output shall be accurate and released in a timely manner. All errors shall be promptly corrected.
- Prepare outgoing mail in accordance with U.S. Postal regulations and ITOPS IO instructions.
- Properly account for and control mail that requires special handling (e.g., Federal Express, Airborne, and Postal Express).
- Process priority mail shipments utilizing the priority mail Postal meter machine and labeler.
- Process priority mail shipments utilizing VA contracted priority shipper (currently UPS) computers, printers, labelers, and scales.
- Close out the priority mail computers at the end of the duty day by running the “End of Day Report”.
- Prepare, sort, handle and deliver in-house mail to ITOPS IO and tenant organizations.
- Process undeliverable mail in accordance with ITOPS IO office procedures.
- Associate Degree or 2-year business school
- 8 years of related work experience
- 4 years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for education
- Experience using Microsoft Office products - Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Skype, etc.
- Must be able to lift and/or move objects 10-50 lbs.; occasionally lift and/or move objects weighing more than 100 lbs.
- Must be able to install IT equipment (servers, storage, switches, etc.) into enclosed cabinets.
- Must be able to pull Ethernet and fiber cables, both overhead and under a raised floor.
- Frequently required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Must be able to climb and balance (stairs, ladders, scaffolds, etc.).
- Specific vision abilities required – close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust/focus.
- Ability to obtain Public Trust clearance
- Must be a US citizen
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.