The Leidos Health Group’s Military and Veteran’s Health Organization is seeking an Executive Administrative Assistant, to work out of our Corporate Headquarters in Reston, VA.
The candidate will collaborate with internal and external staff to provide Executive Administrative Operation Support to include, but not limited to, the following:
• Provide executive administrative support to the Senior Vice President of Operations, the Chief Technology Officer for the Health Group, and their teams.
• Manage day-to-day activities, schedule meetings, maintain daily and long-term calendar, resolve calendar conflicts, and ensure logistics
• Schedule internal and external meetings, conferences, town halls (prepare presentations, determine meeting logistics, order food, reserve conference rooms, escort visitors, and secure A/V assistance)
• Interact with executives’ constituents to develop relationships at all levels in order to facilitate communications and schedules
• Prepare detailed travel arrangements, ensuring details are reflected on the calendar; assemble itineraries/logistics, tracking travel to assist with any changes that occur in route; quickly respond to changing priorities; and research travel options to promote savings opportunities
• Prepare timesheets and expense reports (including relocation and international travel), act as time card administrator, assist with charge codes and company policies
• Prioritize correspondence, screen email messages and process requests appropriately, maintain call lists
• Interface with assistants to the CEO, President, and Deputy President to coordinate calendars and ensure meeting coverage
• Schedule interviews, onboard new employees, acquire office space, order supplies, business cards, smart phones
• Serve as point of contact for questions, schedule introductory meetings with team members
• Collaborate with facilities planning manager to assign/reassign offices and cubes
• Process and reconcile company purchasing card transactions
• Schedule performance reviews and submit bonus requests
• Manage and oversee the workload and productivity of one direct report
• Provide direct assistance to the Operation Manager and work independently on special assignments related to program and corporate matters.
• Manage access to the executive, maintain and modify executive schedule.
• Handle confidential business matters and maintain smooth operation of office when the executive is unavailable.
• Typically responsible for the release of a variety of complex communications that affect the entire organization and designs and maintains procedures that allow appropriate access to confidential information.
• Compile and consolidate data from various sources into meaningful documents/reports that will be utilized by key divisional decision makers.
• Process purchase requests, obtains quotes, compare prices and prepare purchase documents.
• Assist staff with the preparation of division-level reporting requirements.
• Analyze budgeting and accounting reports for the purpose of maintaining expenditure controls.
• Assist other project management staff with administrative tasks, including drafting and editing of letters and correspondence, scanning documents, coordinating travel arrangements, creating and printing business cards, and shipping materials.
Required Education & Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in business or related field preferred and 4-8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2-6 years of prior relevant experience
• Minimum of 5 years professional experience in government contracts and health systems preferred.
• Candidates must be highly proficient in Outlook, working in a fast paced complex environment, with the ability to multitask.
• Candidates must be highly organized with an extreme attention to detail and follow through.
• Candidates must possess interpersonal skills to work effectively with executives, project management staff, functional staff, and customers.
Extensive experience with the following:
Microsoft Outlook (heavy calendaring with many shifting priorities)
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.