The Defense Group of Leidos has an exciting opportunity for an Network Technical Support Lead to support efforts for the OCONUS Enterprise Network (ONE-Net) portion of the Service Management, Integration, and Transport (SMIT) contract located in Yokosuka, Japan.
The Network Technical Support Lead will assist the Government Lead in the daily engineering duties on systems to install, configure, and operate enterprise systems management, infrastructure tools systems, and related software.
SMIT is the largest IT services program for the Navy; inclusive of cybersecurity services, network operations, service desk, and data transport. Ultimately, Leidos will support the Navy in unifying its shore-based networks and data management to improve capability and service while also saving significant dollars by focusing efforts under one enterprise network.
- Lead and manage a team of Systems Administrators, IT Specialists, Network Administrators, and Network Operations Specialists to manage and monitor Tier II Network and Server Operations (NASO) within the Yokosuka Theatre Network Support Center (TNOSC) Far East.
- Ensure Enterprise applications are properly monitored for performance and availability. Operate, service, trouble shoot, and administer Active Directory (AD) accounts, Exchange, Active Directory Application Mode (ADAM), and the Global Address List (GAL).
- Design near real time full spectrum situational awareness of IT services and infrastructure to include configuration of components, systems, services, and incidents to support vulnerability analyses. Deliver Navy/Marine Corps NetOps control and visibility via electronic network management systems and Command and Control (C2) facilities.
- Facilitate the Government’s exercise of network operational control over critical services and infrastructure in support of DON statutory and war fighting responsibilities.
- Utilize standard Active Directory (AD) services plus the availability to use Windows Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) services for all physical and virtual application servers, network devices, and appliances. Design solutions to remove any associated software or packaged applications from the Enterprise Service Desk (ESD) system and any associated objects from AD for applications removed from the Navy/Marine Corps Management Domain.
- Perform Disaster Recovery. Design monitoring and management of enterprise core services, including email and file share.
- Perform Rights Management Services for administrators, users and groups.
- Perform tasks associated with application networking ports and protocols, IA, routing and LAN.
- Initiate security updates in accordance with Government procedures for directory services.
- Perform system integration with Host Based Security System (HBSS) and Structured Query Language (SQL) 2008 r2/SQL 2012 and installation on various server hardware.
- Assist in the integration of ONE-Net engineering efforts conducted in the region.
- Perform system and database administration to ensure optimal network performance, maintain the network security posture, and minimize customer service interruptions.
- Provide network operational support, SME support on new technology, and engineering/implementation support for new solutions.
- College degree (B.S.) in Information Technology, Information Assurance, Computer Science, Information Management Systems, or a related discipline
- 10 years of experience in the Information Technology field
- DoD 8570 IAT III Certification
- Experience with International Business Machines (IBM) Endpoint Management (BIGFIX), and System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) 2007/12 design, configuration and integration.
- Experience with Windows 2008 R2/2012 R2 Platforms solutions.
- Experience with Windows PowerShell scripting.
- Possess at least one OS certification (MTA, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MDAA etc.)
- US Citizenship and a DoD Secret Clearance
- CCNA or higher level network certification
- MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure or MCSE: Core Infrastructure Certification
- ITIL v3 or v4 Foundation
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.