Leidos has a vital opportunity for a Software Systems Integrator to design, build, and maintain Amazon Web Services infrastructure for mission-critical U.S. Army cloud projects. This role will also leverage your talents to support other programs within the organization.
Requires an active DoD TS/SCI clearance for consideration.
In this role you will support the team with systems integration, development, engineering and testing activities.
- Define integration and test strategy
- Perform analysis of system issues that have been found during integration testing.
- Develop software solutions by analyzing system performance standards, conferring with users or SEs; analyzing systems flow, data usage and work processes
- Participation in daily scrum calls and the ability to communicate status, issues, and proposed resolution in a timely and effective manner.
- Integrate software and hardware in order to meet program goals and objectives
- Develop initial requirements verification through integrated testing and engineering.
- Create technical documentations and present for internal and external use.
- Work with cross-functional team to design and develop integrated software systems including defining requirements and specifications of input/output processes and defining hardware or software capabilities.
- Provides specific input to the software components of system design.
- Coordinate between different organizations and agencies as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related discipline and 8+ years of relevant experience or Masters with 6+ years of prior relevant experience.
- The ideal candidate should be able to work both as a remote team member on a geographically distributed team and on-site to support the customer.
- Minimum Certification Requirements: DoD 8570\8140 IAT II Qualified: Security + or better (CISSP, CISM, etc.) + Computing Environment Cert (Linux +, etc.)
- Experience with Amazon Web Services
- Proficient with Linux
- Windows familiarity
- Knowledge in shell scripting
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Candidate should be task-oriented, have good attention to detail, and strong problem solving skills with the ability to research, troubleshoot, and resolve both existing and new issues with a minimum amount of supervision.
- Active DoD TS/SCI security clearance
- Amazon Web Services Certification
- Experience with DoD Information Assurance processes, procedures, SCAP, STIGS, ACAS, etc.
- Cloudera experience (HDFS, SOLR, Zookeeper, Accumulo, etc.)
- JBoss/EAP experience
- DevOps lifecycle and software experience (Jenkins, Foreman, Puppet, Terraform, Docker, AWS DevOps services, etc.)
- Experience with Agile and/or Scrum methodology
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:Yes, 50%
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Integration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.