The Leidos Military and Veterans Health Solutions group currently has an opening for a Software Engineer & Developer to work within the Physical and Cognitive Operational Research Environment Team within the Warfighter Performance Department at the Naval Health Research Center in San Diego, CA. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience to improve the safety and performance of military personnel.
The primary responsibility of the Software Engineer & Developer is to design, develop, troubleshoot, debug and maintain software programs to support scientific research studies aimed at improving the health and performance of military personnel. Specifically, the Software Engineer & Developer will work closely with team researchers and outside collaborators to design, develop, and implement various types of software to support research studies aimed at optimizing the operational performance of the Warfighter.
The Software Engineer & Developer will:
- Operate and maintain biomechanical laboratory equipment such as the Computer Assisted Rehabilitation Environment (CAREN) system, motion capture systems, mobile virtual and augmented reality systems, EEG systems, EMG systems, and portable gait analysis equipment.
- Demonstrate database developer skills in order to support onsite and remote acquisition and management of electronic health and other scientific data.
- Develop custom software applications for use in various mobile virtual and augmented reality head mounted display systems.
- Demonstrate technical writing skills in order to prepare standard operating procedures, instruction manuals, technical reports and scientific presentations.
- Interact with and collect biomechanics, physiology, and psychosocial data from human subjects, abiding by human research protection regulations.
- Collect, process, analyze, and report on all types of human subjects research data.
- Identify equipment required to conduct related research projects and work with procurement team to acquire required equipment.
- Model Leidos values and code of conduct
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering, software development, or a related technical field from an accredited college or university and two or more years of related experience is required.
- Proficiency in identifying and solving routine technical problems following established procedures as well as in developing products, solutions and processes using current industry standard principals, theories and concepts.
- Experience developing collaboratively in Unity/C#, preferably with experience in developing online applications (i.e. Photon Unity Networking).
- Familiarity with Git and version control.
- Strong technical writing and presentation background with ability to prepare standard operating procedures, technical reports, and presentations intended for wide distribution to the scientific community.
- Excellent critical thinking with problem-solving skills and an ability to work cooperatively in a team setting,
- Effectively communicates with peers to explain facts, basic analysis, processes and practices.
- Flexibility in responding to changing demands, timelines, and priorities.
- Ability to conduct domestic and international travel.
- US Citizenship and ability to obtain a Secret Clearance.
- Experience conducting research projects in a military setting with military personnel.
- Active Secret Clearance
Leidos Benefits include: PTO, Medical/Dental/Vision 401K with company match, education reimbursement and more!
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:2000
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.