Leidos is currently looking for an Information Systems Security Officer to work in the Beavercreek, OH office.
Responsible for protecting the organization's information and information systems from unauthorized access, use, disclosure, disruption, modification, perusal, inspection, recording and destruction. Managing and enforcing of security strategies and policies within established guidelines. Areas of responsibilities include, but are not limited to, IT Security Strategy, Cyber Security, and Compliance and Risk Management which includes IT Security and Compliance Teams.
• Provides support for a program, organization, system, or enclave’s information assurance program.
• Provides support for proposing, coordinating, implementing, and enforcing information systems security policies, standards, and methodologies.
• Maintains operational security posture for an information system or program to ensure information systems security policies, standards, and procedures are established and followed.
• Assists with the management of security aspects of the information system and performs day-to-day security operations of the system.
• Evaluate security solutions to ensure they meet security requirements for processing classified information.
• Performs vulnerability/risk assessment analysis to support certification and accreditation.
• Provides configuration management (CM) for information system security software, hardware, and firmware.
• Manages changes to system and assesses the security impact of those changes.
• Prepares and reviews documentation to include System Security Plans (SSPs), Risk Assessment Reports, Certification and Accreditation (C&A) packages, and System Requirements Traceability Matrices (SRTMs).
• Supports security authorization activities in compliance with National Institute of Standards and Technology Risk Management Framework (NIST RMF).
• Review, prepare, and update RMF, JSIG and AIS accreditation packages
• Notify Security Manager when changes occur that might affect AIS accreditation/certification
• Perform self-inspections, provide security coordination and review of all system test plans
• Identify vulnerabilities and implement countermeasures
• Represent Leidos during customer technical review and inspection
• Conduct security surveys at facility and gather pertinent security documentation for inclusion into system accreditation packages
• Coordinate, prepare, and track AIS inspections, reports, and responses
• Maintain AIS security records and prepare Co-Utilization Agreements for network nodes operating in government facilities
• Prepare reports on the status of security safeguards applied to computer systems as part of the continuous monitoring program
• Ensure AIS and network nodes are operated, maintained, and disposed of in accordance with security policies and practices
• Perform ISSO duties in support of in-house customers
• Assist Department of Defense, National Agency and Contractor organizations with the development of certification and accreditation (C&A) efforts
• Review, track, and conduct AIS training
• Review security audits ensuring unusual user activity is reported to security manager
• Propose, coordinate, implement, and enforce information systems security policies, standards, and \ methodologies
• Develop and maintain documentation for C&A in accordance with DoD policies
• Develop system security policy and ensures compliance
• Evaluate security solutions to ensure they meet security requirements for processing classified information
• Maintain operational security posture for an information system or program
• Develop and update the system security plan and other IA documentation
• Assist with the management of security aspects of the information system and perform day-today security operations of the system
• Administer the user identification and authentication mechanism of the Information System (IS)
• Assist with obtaining the C&A for ISs under ones purview
• Provide support for a program, organization, system, or enclave’s information assurance program
• Plan and coordinate the IT security programs and policies
• Manage and control changes to the system and assessing the security impact of those changes
• Active Top Secret Clearance, must be able to obtain TOP SECRET SCI Clearance
• CompTIA Security +
• Six (6) to ten (10) years of ISSO experience.
• Ability to work independently, meet deadlines, and communicate effectively with supervisory personnel.
• U.S. Citizenship is required.
• Strong work ethic, good customer relations, multi-tasking, self-starter, work with teams and independently
• Understanding of supporting and securing Windows Networks and it’s operation in an isolated environment where no connection to the internet exist.
• Understanding DoD STIGs, STIG VIEWER and SCAP Tools.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Information Assurance
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.