The COBRA Training Support Specialist support the Training and Delivery Services program at the Center for Domestic Preparedness (CDP) located in Anniston, Alabama. The CDP is a national training facility that prepares state and local emergency response personnel to respond to all hazards, including terrorist attacks using weapons of mass destruction, by providing hands on training. Training courses provided by CDP provide specific knowledge and expertise for deterrence, prevention and response to Chemical, Biological, Radiological, Nuclear and Explosive (CBRNE), mass casualty, and hazardous materials incidents by providing advanced, hands-on and classroom-based state of the art training.
The COBRA Training Support Specialist will:
- Assist course managers, resident instructors, sub-contractors, and support staff assigned to Resident Training.
- Perform training area setup and recovery procedures for classroom and live agent training facility.
- Support instructional staff during donning and doffing instruction for personal protective equipment.
- Perform donning and doffing procedure at the operational level during multi task performance oriented training.
- Prepare and fit personal protective equipment worn by responders in live agent training
- Comply with written regulation, guidance, and supervisor assignment for entries into the COBRATF live agent training environment.
- Actively seek and participate in cross training opportunities to maximize overall training experience for student responders.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must have GED or High school diploma
- Must be able to frequently lift, push, and pull over 50 pounds
- Ability to wear and perform all operational tasks while wearing personal protective equipment
- Possess adequate physical fitness to perform assigned duties
- Ability to apply accepted hazardous material principles in a variety of life threatening situations
- Ability to communicate orally in order to conduct training of work-force
- Ability to operate standard CBRN/HAZMAT equipment
- Due to Federal Contract Regulations, U. S. citizenship is required.
- Must have an accepted form of government-issued ID compliant with the Real ID Act
- Must submit to and obtain final suitability by successful completion of a pre-placement screening consisting of background check, financial institutions/credit bureau check, and disclosure under the Freedom of Information Act.
- 5+ years of experience supporting live toxic agent operations/training
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.