Leidos Digital Solutions Inc. (LDSI) has an opportunity for an entry level, Marketing Associate to join our team! This position reports to our offices in Vienna, VA.
Leidos Digital Solutions, Inc. (DSI) designs, develops, sells and supports a CRM solution known as Intranet Quorum (IQ) and also sells and supports a wide range of related products and services. Together these products and services promote citizen engagement and government efficiency in delivering constituent services. The DSI marketing team delivers supporting materials to promote this line of business. Specific areas of responsibility include message development and design, website design and sustainment, outreach communications, and general support of the Division with special focus on knowledge transfer, training and marketing videos, sales support, and customer engagement.
- Responsible for a variety of marketing writing assignments including but not limited to: case studies, electronic and print marketing collateral, and a variety of other promotional materials.
- Responsible for technical writing assignments to include product help files, release notes, quick reference guides, white papers, and other materials supporting the use of products and services.
- Must be capable of producing supporting graphics and working collaboratively with others.
- Must be capable of ensuring production ready edited and proofed work products. Writing tasks may include documentation, advertising, proposal writing, video scripts, social media, outreach, newsletters, web content and technical white papers.
- The ability to work within these disparate medium and produce efficient and effective materials is a requirement for successful performance.
If you have an interest in joining a dynamic and respected team and working with high profile Capitol Hill clients, this is for you. You will work in a fast-paced and diverse environment, enjoy flexible work arrangements, and will have a management team that encourages your career development and growth.
Please Note: Must be available to report to our Vienna office periodically for onboarding and then regularly after pandemic concerns conclude. This is subject to change based on Leidos, customers and local policy related to pandemic remote work. One must be prepared to work onsite as need
Basic Qualifications (Required):
- Have strong demonstrable writing skills that show clear, concise, and informative work.
- Strong graphical presentation skills to augment the written words and to communicate technical concepts for marketing and communications.
- Requires writing experience with short lead times and high quality results.
- Ability to obtain and/or maintain Public Trust security clearance.
- Usually requires a BA degree OR equivalent experience and less than 2 years prior relevant experience. Degree in Marketing, Public Relations, Communications, Writing, Journalism OR related field is a plus.
Additional Attributes That May Help Ensure Success:
- Significant collaboration with multiple and disparate stakeholders inside and outside of the DSI organization, research, and organization.
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent time based projects.
- Able to convert broad goals and objectives into action.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired/Nice To Have):
- Degree in Marketing, Public Relations, Communications, Writing, Journalism OR related field is strongly desired.
- Demonstrable Experience using Adobe Creative Design tools.
- Have successful experience integrating these vital roles and responsibilities as well as detailed knowledge of IQ and our telephone town hall, data, digital, and IT services offerings.
- Experience using Hilltop Web Content Management and related website management toolsets in use at DSI.
- Ability to write creative marketing copy supporting the use and sale of Customer Relationship Management and IT Services.
- A strong record of organization to include task and project tracking and fulfillment is vital to employee and company success.
- Demonstrable experience working with teams and navigating disparate project requirements is also required.
- Relevant and authenticated writing samples demonstrating expertise in specific or related products and services.
Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals.
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Writing and Editing
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.