The Government Health and Safety Solutions Operation, Public Health Program of Leidos is seeking an experienced Technical Program Manager, contingent upon contract award, in Hyattsville, MD area who is well-versed in government contracts to manage systems and applications associated with a large public health program.
The Program Manager ensures compliance with IT contract requirements, subcontract management, customer policies and mandated actions, such as EPLC, security policies, ADA Section 508, and others.
The Program Manager will be responsible for successful service delivery and contract execution, leading a diverse team. The team will employ agile software development, maintenance and enhancement methodologies. Program Manager will be responsible for compliance with HHS policies and mandated actions, such as EPLC, security policies, ADA Section 508, and others.
• Provide management, technical leadership and organize the activities and personnel associated with all phases of software development project using agile methodology
- Demonstrated project management experience using managerial, technical and/or business knowledge. Experience in directing and managing internal/external resources, communications and all functional program activities to meet contract cost, schedule and performance objectives
• Thrive in a fast-paced work environment in which many demands are placed on the PM and team;
• • Managing staff, including hiring, compensation and employee performance assessments;
• Manage software integration and development efforts.
• Manage multiple projects and tasks and supervise approximately 10-20 staff.
• Provide technical, administrative, and operational management of assigned projects, including contract and subcontractor management.
• Maintain a high level of customer satisfaction at all times
• Be accountable to the customer and to Leidos management for the success of the project(s) and team
• Create, manage, and control project schedules and an Integrated Master Schedule
• Perform project risk management and create the required status reports. Manage all project deliverables on time.
• Ensure adequate communication between the stakeholders and other project teams
• Manage all required activities to ensure alignment with multiple schedules and requirements across all systems and projects as well other interfacing systems and projects.
• Work with the stakeholders to determine and document the appropriate level of Enterprise Project Life Cycle deliverables and milestones to ensure a successful outcome for each system.
Required Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience (4 additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of degree) and 12 years of progressive experience.
- At least 10 yrs overall experience, PMI PMP Certification desired
- Eight years of experience managing complex software development project
- Understand and oversee all phases of the software development lifecycle using the agile development methodology;
- Experience managing projects with multiple subcontractors
- Experience leading agile software development, maintenance, and enhancement efforts
- Possess a demonstrable breadth of technology skills and experience across the following areas: software development, system architectures, cloud systems, networking, hardware device integration, and mobile platforms
- Experience creating and maintaining system architectures
- Experience developing and managing technology roadmaps
- Experience developing and maintaining health IT systems
- Experience integrating health systems using health interoperability standards
- Experience with cloud system architectures and migrating systems to the cloud
- Experience managing operations and maintenance of IT environments
- Experience in designing systems for improving user experience
- Experience in IT security and government IT security authorization processes
- Experience in leading a matrixed team or organization
- Demonstrated experience for oral and written communications with all levels of management for planning and control of projects.
- Self-motivated with strong planning, problem-solving, analytical and organizational skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills; quickly foster relationships and credibility at all levels
- Must possess the ability and flexibility to work to meet deadlines and client expectations • Ability to effectively direct multiple tasks with competing priorities
- Experience with working at HHS agencies highly desired
- PMI PMP Certification desired
- Highly desired, previous support of CDC programs or other Public Health organizations
- Experience managing IT systems for national survey efforts
- Experience with data analytics involving survey activities
- Experience with contact centers
- Experience with Natural Language Processing, AI/ML, and RPA
Position requires the ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:Yes, 50%
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.