Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals.
Driven by our talented workforce, the Security Detection & Automation Operation is the cornerstone of Leidos’ comprehensive suite of fully integrated security detection and automation solutions for aviation, ports and borders, and critical infrastructure customers around the world, with more than 24,000 products deployed across 120 countries. Leidos is positioned to address emerging and evolving threats through rapid development of innovative solutions for our global customers. Leidos’ SDA Operation, in conjunction with the TSA, also performs on-call, onsite installation servicing of X- Ray Detection Equipment using leading edge technology to ensure the safety of our clients, customer and passengers.
The Security Detection and Automation Operation is comprised of four divisions to align with our customers’ missions and needs:
The Ports and Borders business under the Security Detection and Automation division is seeking a Service Program Manager for VACIS products deployed throughout the United States. The candidate will support the Field Engineers to achieve our contract service level requirements for our critical national security customers including US Customs and Border Protection (CBP). This position will report directly to the Programs Management Director.
Duties and specific job responsibilities.
- Interface with assigned Field Service Engineer resources to meet contractual service level goals and commitments across customers and product lines.
- Mange customer relationships with leidos to ensure full satisfaction with the maintenance programs.
- Manage timely completion of open work orders to minimize equipment downtime.
- Prioritize work to ensure we meet our contractual obligations to the customer.
- Work closely with our field services management group to achieve goals.
- Advice management on staffing levels to meet service level goals and commitments.
- Attendance at customer meetings, prepare customer briefings, and manage the relationship with the customer.
- Interact with all functions of a matrixed organization to achieve success on all programs.
- Bachelor's degree in a related engineering or management discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 4 to 8 years of professional experience; or 2 to 6 years of professional experience with a related Master's degree. High School diploma with an additional 8 years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Proven experience successfully managing programs.
- Strong oral and written communication skills (second language a plus).
- Ability to work independently and contribute successfully within a team structure.
- Skilled at prioritization and multi-tasking.
- Self-direction, flexibility, and an eagerness to learn.
- Experience with technical documentation and manuals and ability to learn and understand highly technical products quickly.
- Proven experience working with subject matter experts / collaboration across organization as needed to solve difficult problems.
- Technical familiarity with VACIS technology is beneficial for immediate productivity.
- Proven Program / Project Management experience managing tasks within schedule and budget.
See how Leidos is safeguarding people and commerce by selecting the link below!
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:2000.00
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Other Clearance
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.