The Enterprise and Cyber Solutions (E&CS) Operation within Leidos’ Defense Group has an opening for a Senior Cloud Systems Administrator for the GIG Service Management – Operations II (GSM-O II) contract.
This role is primary remote but will also require onsite visits to Ft. Meade, MD. One must live within driving distance to Ft. Meade, MD to be considered for this role.
This contract includes the Operations, Sustainment, Maintenance, Repair, and Defense of the Defense Information System Network (DISN) within the DOD Information Network (DODIN) in support of the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA). It also includes support to other key tasks for DISA, including the transformation of DISA’s operational mission through innovation, and support to DISA’s mission partners. This role will design, develop, configure and manage mixed windows and Linux environments.
In this role you will:
- Work as part of a Global Management System (GMS) – Infrastructure team to engage on systems design, planning and perform technical implementation.
- Provide technical expertise in troubleshooting, solving problems and collaborate with internal technical experts on making solution decisions.
- Prepare and maintain technical documentation, drawings and related artifacts that can be shared among the team members
- Provide engineering support in maintaining systems up-to the highest standards and implement best practices in managing systems on cloud environment.
- Ability to work in a large team environment, provide clear communication, ability to negotiate and come up with alternate approaches as necessary.
- Effectively manage time and material to build solutions around customer’s mission.
- Ability to work through technical and non-technical discussion among people with differing backgrounds and opinions and lead to consensus.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline w/ 8 years of relevant experience or Master’s degree in a related discipline w/ 6 years. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- DoD Secret Clearance
- Security+ Certification or equivalent
Experience with the following:
- AWS Cloud Experience (VPC, EC2, AMI, Guard Duty, Inspector, Bastion, IAM, CloudFormation, CloudWatch, CloudTrail, AWS Systems Manager, AWS Configuration Integration, etc.)
- Designing, deploying and managing Active Directory.
- Managing users, groups, systems, permissions and their hierarchy structure
- Designing and managing systems, OUs and GPOs in Active directory
- Building and integrating AD Federation services (ADFS)
- Managing Domain controllers
- McAfee ePO and Endpoint Security Systems
- Working in Mixed Linux and Windows environments
- Maintaining policies, procedures, standards for developing disaster recovery strategies
- Providing technical supports, guidance on best practices and industry standards
- Writing scripts (i.e. Bash, PowerShell, python etc.) for automation, installation, deployments and configuration on Linux / windows OS.
- Setting-up pipelines and integrating CI/CD processes using Jenkins, artifactory and bitbucket
- Containerized CI/CD deployment such as Docker, Open shift and Kubernetes
- Analyzing, troubleshoot and solve technical problems
- Running OS and Application Security Scans (ACAS/Nessus)
- Integrating SAML/SSO
- Requesting and maintaining systems and domain certificates
- Knowledge in complex Application integration
- DevOps Skills with the CI/CD Pipeline (Cloudbees Jenkins, Artifactory, IBM MCM, OpenShift Container Platform, Bitbucket and Ansible Tower)
- Knowledge in complex application integration
- Server Hardening experience via DoD STIGs (Windows & Linux)
- Automation Scripting experience
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:Yes, 75%
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.