This position provides support to the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Power Services Group (PSG) under the National Air-Space Implementation Support Contract (NISC). The PSG Planning Team provides program and financial management to sustain the FAA power systems and cable infrastructure to maintain and improve the overall electrical power quality, reliability, and availability to the NAS.
- Serve as a Senior Subject Matter Expert (SME) to achieve day-to-day objectives for Power Services Group Portfolio and facilitate major initiatives for program execution
- Facilitate, guide, develop and implement financial processes when working with a team of financial analysts
- Create and develop working financial models that focus on financial forecasting, contracts and budgetary trend analysis, for use by senior management in analyzing facilities and infrastructure projects as well as IT projects
- Ensure quality and standardization for tracking purchase requests, project authorizations, credit card transactions and reconciliation across all FMTs by working with FMT personnel on their processes, methods and tools
- Manage and execute complex specialized projects and development of financial systems to support the multimillion dollar infrastructure programs
- Take a lead on development of SOPs, development and write up of user stories for financial systems and update them annually
- Mentor lower level professionals and develop their financial skills
- Identify areas of improvements, recommend solutions and support findings with comprehensive financial and technical analysis which yield significant improvements for programs in the short and long run
- Identify issues and areas of improvement and offer solutions and strategies for implementation
- Take a lead role on communication with internal and external customers, across multiple service areas and facilitate meetings and lead discussions towards mutual goals
- Act as a financial and budget SME, apply FAA best practices when supporting infrastructure programs
- Take the lead on developing, reporting and presenting financial and technical data analysis for senior leadership consumption; analysis may focus on financial forecasting, contracts and trends
- Play a lead role in performing multiple, varying, and complex assignments
- Working knowledge of all FMTs activities for the PSG program and serve as an alternative POC when needed
- Serve as a liaison to the Finance team by supporting the NPCT process and inputs, updating and submitting a quarterly spend plan, and reprogramming funds as needed
BA degree, from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 8 - 12 years of professional applicable experience. Masters with 6 - 10 years of prior relevant experience.
- The ideal candidate will have strong finance, accounting, budget and program management skills
- Direct Government contract experience with solid knowledge of Government financial systems
- Working knowledge of facilities and infrastructure programs, FAA experience preferred
- Advanced MS office skills, (Word, Excel, PPT) Access
- FAA systems and cuff record knowledge
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:Yes, 75%
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Program Financial Control
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.