Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals.
Leidos is seeking a Program Planner & Scheduler in Centennial, CO in support of the United States Antarctic Program (USAP) on the Antarctic Support Contract (ASC).
This is an exciting opportunity with the possibility to develop into a seasoned scheduler as you master the basics and apply them under guidance of a more seasoned scheduling team. The growth of the program will provide opportunities to develop as a scheduler in an earned value environment.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Creating and updating the project schedule for multiple annual projects.
- Working with stakeholders to gather resource requirements and model these in Primavera P6 schedules.
- Allocating resources in all activities and updating them accordingly for the duration of the project.
- Monitor resources usage and make needed adjustments to the schedule.
- Tracking project progress/performance throughout the project life.
- Preparing reports, analyzing and presenting to stakeholders.
- Updating other software tools related to schedule.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of experience as a Project Planner
- Familiarity with Primavera P6
- Solid MS Excel skills, along with other MS Office Products
- Proactive approach, problem solving skills and analytical mindset
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to effectively support and work well with people from different disciplines and cultures
- Superior organizational skills and detail oriented to ensure accuracy and quality
- Strong client-facing and internal communication skills
- Adaptability and flexibility to manage deadline pressure, ambiguity and change
- Ability to independently prioritize and manage multiple tasks/projects and meet deadlines
- Strong knowledge and proven experience in utilizing business principles, concepts, practices, and standards
- Ability to work in a team setting, coordinating group initiatives in order to bring a project to completion
- Must have a positive attitude and be willing to take initiative
- Training in Project Management and/or Project Planning
PHYSICAL AND/OR OTHER SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS: Deployment may be required in this position. This position requires successful completion of the National Science Foundation (NSF) physical and dental examinations for deploying to Antarctica. Failure to meet these requirements may result in withdrawal of employment offer or other employment action. Per contract requirements, US citizenship or permanent residency is required.
Driven by our talented workforce, the Integrated Missions Operation builds trust through an array of energy-related IT, environmental science and engineering solutions to meet our customers’ needs.
Key Programs and/or Capabilities:
- Antarctic Support Contract (ASC)
- Large Infrastructure
- Mission Support
- Digital Modernization
- Command & Control
- Mission Applications
- Energy and Environment
- Engineering Services
Leidos is growing! Connect with us on LinkedIn and Facebook.
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Project Analysis
Pay Range:Pay Range $48,750.00 - $75,000.00 - $101,250.00
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.