Leidos is searching for a Systems Administrator, supporting our team at the Austin Information Technology Center (AITC). This position is remote.
A System Administrator must have experience in conducting routine system administration tasks and logging data in system admin logs. Systems administrators are responsible for maintaining system efficiency. Experience in maintaining troubleshooting a wide variety of systems and networks to include high volume/high availability systems. Must have knowledge on a number of debugging protocols and processes. Must be able to troubleshoot problems and issues identified by customers and implement corrective actions quickly. The candidate shall provide system administration activities and immediate troubleshooting efforts when contacted by the Service Desk to ensure outages or incidents are resolved as quickly as possible, as well as work on teams with “Location” customers and partners, end users, programmers and analysts, Database Administrators, application and network administrators.
Provide operating system administration for the current Unix/Linux/ Solaris Operating Systems (OS) including the related software. In support of OS system administration support.
• Perform Operating system administration & maintenance
• Patch OS on a monthly cycle using technologies to limit downtime and provide quick back out mechanism.
• Contractor will flex schedule due to operational needs (i.e. Patching machines, Configuring Virtual Machines, Troubleshooting issues, etc)
• Contractor may be working on weekends and after normally scheduled hours
• Contractor will be required to work remotely until cleared to return onsite
• Contractor will work out of scope, as operational needs dictate
• (Training/Teaching other employees, Opening SNOW Tickets, Documentation of Systems, Functionality, Security and Procedures, Creating reports, etc.)
• Contractor will be required to complete other duties as assigned by VA PM.
TROUBLESHOOT INCIDENTS AND PROBLEMS:
• Participate in troubleshooting / fault isolation teams to determine problem or issue.
• Work with other support Contractor maintenance/support’s lines and open a case after 30 minutes of researching problems without success in resolving the issue, and engage more experienced system administrators to review situation.
• Correct OS related incidents and problems during coordinated maintenance windows based on instructions defined in ticket and maintenance plan.
• Bachelor’s in computer science or other engineering or technical discipline is required. Eight (8) years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for education.
US Citizen with ability to obtain Public Trust Clearance
• Red Hat Linux System Administration
• System Administration conducting routine administration tasks and logging data in system admin logs
• Responsible for maintaining system efficiency
• Experience in maintaining troubleshooting a wide variety of systems and networks to include high volume/high availability systems
• Knowledge on several debugging protocols and processes
• Experience with troubleshooting problems and issues identified by customer and implement corrective action quickly
• Thorough knowledge to create plans to assure effective management, operations and maintenance systems and/or networks
• Work with teams of system admins and can prioritize work and identify high risk critical problems and dedicate appropriate resources
• Knowledge of a wide variety of systems and networks to include high volume/High availability systems in Red Hat Linux
• Knowledge of Security Administrator, System Administration and Network Administration of Solaris 9-10.
• Operating Systems: Linux, Solaris, FreeBSD, HP-UX, AIX, SunOS, OS/2
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:0
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.