Leidos is seeking a Research Archivist to support the Life Sciences Data Archive (LSDA) project at Johnson Space Center (JSC) under the Health and Human Performance Contract (HHPC). The Research Archivist will be able to confer with the other archivists currently supporting the LSDA regarding how best approach the organization, inventory, description, and digitization (as required) of unprocessed LSDA records and collections comprised of material in varying formats as outlined in the LSDA Media Migration Plan.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Responsible for compliance with Safety, Health and Environmental plan; must be committed to a high standard of safety and be willing and able to comply with all safety laws and all of the Company's safety policies and rules and must be willing to report safety violations and potential safety violations to appropriate supervisory or management personnel.
- Responsible for compliance with the Quality Assurance Plan, policies and procedures.
- Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance level as determined by the Company.
- Responsible for completing all assigned training.
- Sorting and cataloging the materials in the collection that were produced by life sciences research studies and programs.
- Scanning documents that will be added to the archive, and working with personnel from records management, JSC library, the imagery lab, or the history office to determine the appropriate disposition of records outside the scope of LSDA holdings.
- Conduct internet searches of NASA and other information resources to determine if records in LSDA possessions are archived in other locations.
- Support the long-term digital preservation of NASA records.
- Populate LSDA databases with metadata describing the records retained by the LSDA.
- Assist in developing software requirements for the LSDA data management applications.
- Bachelor's degree in life science or related degree (other degrees considered with relevant experience) and 4 years of applicable experience, or a Master's degree with 2 years of applicable experience.
- Demonstrated leadership ability, excellent oral/written communication & problem solving skills.
- Previous experience in a team environment and ability to multitask are essential.
- Experience with NASA systems
- Previous working experience with NASA or a NASA contractor
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:Yes, 75%
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Shift:Standard Plus On Call
Job Family:Research Scientist
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.