The National Solutions Group at Leidos is seeking a Software Lead to join our growing team. This is your opportunity to work with a highly talented developmental team that builds technology which bridges software and the intelligence communities needs. Choose us, and make delivering innovative work part of your extraordinary career. This position requires an active TS/SCI clearance. Ready to tackle your next challenge - then we want you on our team.
*This position is contingent upon contract award
The Software Lead will oversee the execution of the Agile Development Plan in the development and use of software under the contract. The Software Lead ensures the production of high quality well-designed code and the buy down of technical debt. This position will provide the technical solutions for design decisions and implementation. The Software Lead is responsible for the overarching Agile software development processes. This position will be responsible for the continuous integration and delivery of all required software.
- Demonstrated experience in iterative software development of comparable complexity
- Advanced education and a certification in Software Development processes appropriate to the Agile methodology to include Scrum Master certification in an Agile Scrum methodology
- Experience working within an Agile environment
- Experience working as an Agile Scrum Master within software development teams and managing project deadlines
- Experience using SAFe as the agile development methodology including experience participating in Program Increment Planning sessions
- Experience working with large software systems including hardware integration and test
- BS degree and 12-15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10-13 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
- 4+ years of experience applying Agile methodology
- AWS or similar certification
- Comp TIA Sec+ or higher Certification
- Experience-affecting change in organizations working towards agile adoption
- Experience with applying test automation, test-driven development, continuous integration, and continuous deployment to achieve built-in quality by the team
- Experience using Kanban as a means to improve flow on support teams
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:5000
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering
Pay Range:Pay Range $110,500.00 - $170,000.00 - $229,500.00
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.