Leidos currently has an opening for a Release Manager to support a VA mission critical data centers located in the USA. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the IOSS mission. The mission of the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), Office of Information & Technology (OI&T), Information Technology (IT) Operations and Services (ITOPS), Infrastructure Operations (IO) is to support One VA with world-class service to Veterans and their families by delivering results-oriented, secure, highly available, and cost-effective information technology services provided/housed in a data center.
Monitor the Primavera Oracle website for new and current service packs, software upgrades, version updates, as well as any other identified updates required for Primavera.
- Review, schedule and implement those service packs, software upgrades, version upgrades and any other Primavera identified updates required for Primavera to SDE EO’s Primavera environment within thirty (30) days of posting to the website.
- Follow SDE EO processes and procedures for implementing such changes as project management, release, and configuration management, opening a change order, coordinating notification of changes, impacts and other documentation.
- Provide Primavera Training: All training should include a PowerPoint Presentation and SharePoint site with documentation of training as well as short cuts listings.
- Create and ‘keep current’, a set of training materials geared towards new-users. These materials will be self-guided for the trainee.
- Provide mentoring, training, and one on one sessions to customers on how to effectively use and maneuver in the Primavera Application Suite. Training is accomplished with an introductory PowerPoint presentation maintained by the Contractor. This presentation is furnished to the new user (both FTE and other contractors); new users follow directions in the PP presentation and direct questions or requests for assistance to the Contractor. New users average 3-4 per week. When it is necessary to migrate to a new version, release, service pack, or apply software upgrades to Primavera, the Contractor shall train all staff on the use of new or changing features.
- Provide support and ensure new versions, releases, service packs, or software upgrades to Primavera follow standard EO-wide processes for Release Management and Change Management.
- Provide advice, training, and assistance to staff concerning the creation of activities in Primavera, assignment of estimated hours to each activity, and coordination of releases for each application.
- Provide assistance to the desktop staff on how to troubleshoot Primavera issues with the desktop and web clients.
A Release Manager must have experience in management of individual releases of software, hardware or other system components. Must have experience in coordinating with QA, Development, packaging and hardware teams. The release manager must have experience in documenting releases, risks and in maintaining the schedule of planned releases.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or related scientific /technical discipline plus 10 years of experience.
- 8 additional years of relevant experience may be substituted for education
- Ability to obtain Public Trust clearance
Build manager experience with Java and Oracle.
Experience with CA Service Desk Manager
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:0
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Configuration Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.