Do you want to grow your career and be part of a team solving critical challenges that affect the world? Then Leidos is the place for you!
The Department of Homeland Security (DHS), Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) Security Operations Center (SOC) is a US Government program responsible to prevent, identify, contain and eradicate cyber threats to ICE networks through monitoring, intrusion detection and protective security services to ICE information systems including local area networks/wide area networks (LAN/WAN), commercial Internet connection, public facing websites, wireless, mobile/cellular, cloud, security devices, servers and workstations. Leidos is seeking a Tier 2 SOC/CSIRC Analyst to join our team on this highly visible DHS ICE SOC Program.
The SOC/CSIRC Analyst will perform the following:
- Coordinate investigation and response efforts throughout the Incident Response lifecycle
- Correlate and analyze events and data to determine scope of Cyber Incidents
- Acquire and analyze endpoint and network artifacts, volatile memory, malicious files/binaries and scripts
- Recognize attacker tactics, techniques, and procedures as potential indicators of compromise (IOCs) that can be used to improve monitoring, analysis and Incident Response.
- Develop, document, and maintain Incident Response process, procedures, workflows, and playbooks
- Tune and maintain security tools (EDR, IDS, SIEM, etc) to reduce false positives and improve SOC detection capabilities
- Document Investigation and Incident Response actions taken in Case Management Systems and prepare formal Incident Reports
- Create metrics and determine Key Performance Indicators to drive maturity of SOC operations
- Develop security content such as scripts, signatures, and alerts
The ideal candidate will possess:
- In-depth knowledge of each phase of the Incident Response life cycle
- Expertise of Operating Systems (Windows/Linux) operations and artifacts
- Understanding of Enterprise Network Architectures to include routing/switching, common protocols (DHCP, DNS, HTTP, etc), and devices (Firewalls, Proxies, Load Balancers, VPN, etc)
- Ability to recognize suspicious activity/events, common attacker TTPs, and perform logical analysis and research to determine root cause and scope of Incidents
- Be familiar with Cyber Kill Chain and have utilized the ATT&CK Framework
- Have scripting experience with Python, PowerShell, and/or Bash
- Ability to independently prioritize and complete multiple tasks with little to no supervision
- Flexible and adaptable self-starter with strong relationship-building skills
- Strong problem solving abilities with an analytic and qualitative eye for reasoning
- Minimum of an active Secret clearance
- Candidates must be able to obtain an ICE EOD
- Bachelors Degree in IT related field or higher and 8+ years’ experience in an information technology field with a minimum of 2 years of experience in the areas of incident detection and response, malware analysis, or computer forensics.
Must have at least one of the following certifications:
- Certified Ethical Hacker, (CEH) CySA+
- SANS GIAC: GCIH, GCIA, GCFA, GPEN GCFE, GREM
- CISSP OSCP, OSCE, OSWP
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:5000
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Cyber Operations
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.