Do you want to grow your career and be part of a team solving critical challenges that affect the world? Then Leidos is the place for you!
The Department of Homeland Security (DHS), Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) Security Operations Center (SOC) is a US Government program responsible to prevent, identify, contain and eradicate cyber threats to ICE networks through monitoring, intrusion detection and protective security services to ICE information systems including local area networks/wide area networks (LAN/WAN), commercial Internet connection, public facing websites, wireless, mobile/cellular, cloud, security devices, servers and workstations.
The Incident Responder will perform the following:
- Act as liaison between Cyber Defense Forensics Government and contract staff
- Oversee team of Cyber Defense Forensics/Insider Threat contract personnel
- Oversee the assignment of casework to Team contractors based on priorities and provide investigative direction and peer reviews
- Assist with development, implementation, and operation of CDF to include but not limited to review of OPs, policies, and procedures
- Evaluate existing SOPs, processes, and procedures for constraints and inefficiencies, and create and implement enhancements and improvements
- Track and report team performance, status, progress, and issues/blockers to stakeholders
- Collaborate and coordinate with internal and external entities
- Conduct forensic investigations to include acquisition of digital and physical evidence in accordance with sound forensic procedures and best practices
The ideal candidate will possess:
- In-depth knowledge of each phase of the Incident Response life cycle
- Expertise of Operating Systems (Windows/Linux) operations and artifacts
- Understanding of Enterprise Network Architectures to include routing/switching, common protocols (DHCP, DNS, HTTP, etc), and devices (Firewalls, Proxies, Load Balancers, VPN, etc)
- Ability to recognize suspicious activity/events, common attacker TTPs, and perform logical analysis and research to determine root cause and scope of Incidents
- Be familiar with Cyber Kill Chain and have utilized the ATT&CK Framework
- Have scripting experience with Python, PowerShell, and/or Bash
- Ability to independently prioritize and complete multiple tasks with little to no supervision
- Flexible and adaptable self-starter with strong relationship-building skills
- Strong problem solving abilities with an analytic and qualitative eye for reasoning
- BS degree and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience
- Experience in handling incident response
- Certified Ethical Hacking (CEH) certification or CompTIA CySA+
- AND (within 6 months of hire) any from the CSSP Analyst, Infrastructure Support, or IR from the DOD 8570 list (or other similar certifications as approved by Government)
- Secret Clearance (active)
- Existing DHS EOD, active Secret clearance, or active Top Secret clearance
- Recent security operations (SOC) experience.
- Experience with Agile methods
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:5000
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Cyber Operations
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.