No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and cyber security professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself. We welcome your perspective and ideas, in order to foster collaboration and deliver world-class solutions. We look for solutions that not only transform businesses, but change the world.
Leidos has an immediate need for a Senior Security Engineering Lead to support the Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) Security Operations Center (SOC). The Engineering Lead will need to be a self-starter with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, flexibility, good judgment and the ability to coordinate multiple, concurrent tasks in an effective manner. This individual will work with internal team members to ensure the systems are functional, secure, and scalable. The systems and networks developed will be used to collect and process data and improve the ICE SOC security infrastructure. The Engineering Lead will support the design and development of cybersecurity tools and technology along with integration of new architectural features into existing infrastructures while maintaining the integrity and security of enterprise-wide systems and networks.
- Lead multi-disciplined team in the design and implementation of the cyber security system architecture to meet the needs of the SOC Operations team
- Produce system design documents. Support architectural analysis of cyber security features and existing system related to future needs and trends
- Review and provide input to system requirements based on cybersecurity posture
- Compiles industry best practices and lessons learned into future iterations and new designs
- Provide broad based experience in IT Service Management and apply the experience to specific cyber security initiatives relating to system design, development, and operations and maintenance
- Work with the Chief Architect to ensure current and planned systems support the overall enterprise architecture strategy and technical reference model.
- Employ measures to ensure the deployed infrastructure is secure and available
- Advise and assist team members to deploy and configure collection services and tools
- Oversee the operations and maintenance of the infrastructure and make recommendations to improve operations
- Provide functional management (performance, time, etc.) of Leidos team members
- Provide mentoring to all team members
- Directly interface with customer representatives and external groups
- Bachelors Degree in Computer/Engineering Science, Information Systems, Cybersecurity, or related field preferred and 12+ years of work experience in Cybersecurity engineering
- 2+ years of leadership experience managing Cybersecurity engineering teams
- Experience with developing/integrating cybersecurity designs for systems and networks
- Experience or knowledge of implementing Zero Trust architecture principles
- Experience with documenting and addressing organizational information security, cybersecurity architecture, and systems security engineering requirements
- Experience with developing system security context, a preliminary system security CONOPS, and define baseline system security requirements in accordance with applicable cybersecurity requirements
- Experience with documenting the protection needs (i.e. security controls) for information system(s) and network(s)
- Ability to perform security reviews, identify gaps in security architecture, and develop a security risk management plan
- Ability to develop a system security context, a preliminary system security CONOPS, and define baseline system security requirements in accordance with applicable cybersecurity requirements
- Experience with securing at least one of the following cloud service provider types: Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Software as a Service (SaaS), and Platform as a Service (PaaS)
- Experience with vulnerability scanning tools to include those supporting operation system, web application, database assessments,
- Skill in translating operational requirements into protection needs (i.e. security controls)
- Knowledge and work experience with architecting, engineering, deploying, and tuning of Network Intrusion Detection Systems (NIDS)
- Experience with Cyber Threat Intelligence (CTI) technologies
- Experience or knowledge of Security Orchestration, Automation, and Response (SOAR) solutions
- Security Information & Event Management (SIEM) work experience
- Mobile security engineering knowledge or experience to include at least one of the following:
- Mobile Threat Detection (MTD)
- Mobile Device Management (MDM) security controls
- Mobile Application Management (MAM) security controls.
- Ability to provide technical security engineering support for secure authentication.
- Integrate security tools implementing secure authentication / Single Sign On (SSO)
- Experience with at least one of the following: Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP), Secure Assertion Markup Language (SAML), OpenID Connect (OIDC), and Derived credential integrations
- Experience with tuning and optimizing Endpoint Protection Platform (EPP) and Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR) tools supporting anti-malware, host intrusion protection, incident response, and Data Loss Protection (DLP) capabilities
- Hands on experience with Windows/Linux operations to include configuration, maintenance, and management
- Cybersecurity Certifications: At least one of the following: CISSP, CCSP, CCNA,CISSP-ISSAP,CISSP-ISSEP, GIAC, SSCP, Security+ (or equivalent as approved by the Government)
- Secret Clearance (Eligible)
- Existing DHS EOD, active Secret clearance, or active Top Secret clearance
- Recent security operations (SOC) experience.
- Experience with Agile methods
- At least 7 years of experience supporting mission-critical projects
- Knowledge of performance metrics related to IT Service Operations
- Detailed knowledge of key cyber and network technologies such as Netwitness, Splunk, FireEye, etc.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:5000
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Security Architecture and Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.