The Health Growth Solutions (HGS) at Leidos has immediate openings for software test engineers to help us shape, develop, and deliver new software solutions leveraging state-of-the art technologies to our government customers and launch new and innovative products into the commercial healthcare marketplace. Healthcare is one of the fastest growing sectors of the US economy, but the industry faces many challenges in delivering value to providers and payers and in improving patient care outcomes in a highly dynamic marketplace. Our engineers are at the forefront of defining and building solutions to address those challenges using a go-fast agile approach driven by small teams that rely on and value the contributions of each team member.
As the part of an Agile Team, you’ll plan, design and execute end-to-end automated testing in support of the Continuous Integration (CI)/Continuous Deployment (CD) of our products to customers worldwide. You’ll develop and maintain automated test tools and frameworks to validate unit, integration and functional tests of the system. You’ll develop, implement and execute test automation scripts. You’ll design and perform manual testing of products when automated testing isn’t feasible. You’ll report on the status and progress of automated and manual test development and execution, and serve as a subject matter expert providing test automation domain knowledge to the team. You’ll contribute to the team’s objectives by participating in Kanban or sprint planning, daily scrums, product reviews, and retrospectives. You’ll always respect the opinions of others, accept constructive criticism, share your views with a passion for improving the entire team’s performance, and collaborate openly and positively with your teammates.
- Collaborate with team members to refine the product backlog items
- Identify regression test candidates for automation, plan automation activities across the team and automate test cases.
- Estimate test case development and execution effort
- Write test cases and hold test case reviews with stakeholders.
- Enter and update test tickets to track progress.
- Execute test cases/scripts including functional, regression, exploratory, performance, load and smoke tests for both web applications and database.
- Report, track, validate and close bugs.
- Record and report test results.
- Participate in Agile ceremonies, including daily standups, sprint planning meetings, sprint reviews and sprint retrospectives.
- Participate in all phases of risk management assessments and software development with emphasis on analysis of user requirements, test design and test tools selection.
- Utilize software testing applications and COTS products in support of testing activities.
- Support metrics program by collecting and tracking metrics on all activities.
- Use metrics to identify areas for improvement.
- Provide innovative solutions for more efficient testing strategy.
- Mentor other testers in adopting agile and security test strategies.
- BS and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience.
- Experience testing with automated UI testing tools, such as Selenium and Selenide, and methodologies
- Experience testing with Behavior-Driven Development (BDD) tools, such as Gherkin and Cucumber, and methodologies
- Experience testing with automated back-end testing tools and methodologies
- Experience testing with automated unit-testing tools, such as JUnit, and methodologies
- Experience with writing and/or developing test procedures and automated test scripts using frameworks such as Cucumber, Selenium or Zephyr
- Experience with Agile development principles and methodologies
- Familiarity with software design patterns.
- Working knowledge of Agile Development and continuous integration and continuous delivery methodologies and tools.
- Solid understanding of software development process fundamentals.
- Strong, self-motivated desire to learn new tools, frameworks, and techniques.
- Ability to complete tasking independently with minimal direct supervision.
- Ability to work and collaborate effectively within a multi-disciplined engineering team.
- Familiarity with basic web technologies (HTML, CSS, XML, REST, JSON)
- Familiarity with Cloud Technologies (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Knowledge of a version control system (e.g., Git).
- Familiarity with CI/CD processes and tools (Jenkins)
- Familiarity with Infrastructure as Code (Terraform, Helm)
- Familiarity with Containerized applications and orchestration (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Familiarity with Enterprise Service Bus Technologies (Kafka)
- Knowledge of Agile Development methodologies.
- Familiarity with multiple operating systems (Mac OSX, Windows, LINUX, etc.).
- Familiarity with at least one Relational Database Management System (Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQL Server, etc.).
- Familiarity with NoSql databases (MongoDB, etc.).
- Experience working with Leidos Enterprise Application Foundry (LEAF) a plus
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:2000
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.