The Health Growth Solutions (HGS) at Leidos has an immediate opening for a System Architect to help us shape, develop, and deliver new software solutions leveraging state-of-the art technologies to our government customers and launch new and innovative products into the commercial healthcare marketplace. Healthcare is one of the fastest growing sectors of the US economy, but the industry faces many challenges in delivering value to providers and payers and in improving patient care outcomes in a highly dynamic marketplace. HGS is at the forefront of defining and building solutions to address those challenges using a go-fast agile approach driven by small teams that rely on and value the contributions of each team member.
As a System Architect, you will participate in the design, development and deployment of new and existing products. As part of the HGS Engineering and Operations team, you will use your architecture skills and experience to define architectures utilizing cloud-based services, micro-services and Leidos’ own Leidos Enterprise Application Foundry (LEAF). We are looking for hands-on architects experienced with architecting solutions that utilize software and systems engineering principles as well as systems integration best-practices
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Work with Product Management and Solution Architects to develop target system architectures
- Assess architectures for cost, performance and scalability
- Produce architecture artifacts such as diagrams and models for peer review
- Conduct requirements analysis
- Perform trade studies
- Participate in Engineering Review Boards reviewing target architectures
- Generate systems engineering documentation in accordance with Leidos systems engineering standards
- Articulating and expressing an architecture based on requirements and addressing needs such as cost, performance and scalability.
- Interfacing and collaborating with solution architects as well as software engineers
- Understanding the implications of making build versus buy decisions
- Knowledge of micro-services based architectures
- Bachelor or Master of Science Degree in Computer Science, Software/Systems Engineering or related field is desired
- 5-10 years’ experience
- Strong communication skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Familiarity with technologies such as Java-based architectures, HTTP/REST, .NET is desired
- Experience architecting solutions in the Cloud using services such as Amazon Web Services (AWS) or Microsoft Azure
- Knowledge of or experience with Kubernetes, container-based architectures and Kafka data streaming
- Knowledge of or experience with SQL and No-SQL databases such as Mongo, Oracle or SQL-Server
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Familiarity with healthcare systems and standards like HL7 and FHIR is a plus
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:2000
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.