Leidos Engineering is seeking a Telecommunications Engineer to join our Power Delivery team at our Honolulu HI and support our electric utility clients’ capital projects and programs.
Our Power Delivery Services division provides engineering consulting services to both public and investor-owned electric utilities offering comprehensive planning and engineering of electric transmission and distribution, and substation projects nationwide.
Telecommunications Engineer responsibilities:
• Perform planning and engineering in support of telecommunication systems and telecommunication projects.
• Design telecommunication systems for transmission line and substation projects/facilities.
• Design, modify or upgrade networks using Ethernet, fiber optic, copper, microwave, radio, leased service, or cellular utilizing client standards or developing new standards.
• Conducting communication network studies for wide, metro and local area networks
• Establish project schedules and budgets.
• Develop drawings and specifications for utility telecommunication system projects
• Create bills of materials for telecommunication equipment; obtain quotes and order materials.
• Coordinate with other internal engineering departments, external contractors and utility construction crews.
• Travel to project sites to collect information on existing conditions.
• Requires a Bachelors of Science in Engineering degree (Electrical or Computer Engineering) and a minimum of 2+ years of prior relevant experience working directly with an electric utility or an electric utility consulting company, performing design engineering. A Master’s degree and less than 2 years of experience will also be considered.
• Certifications and Licenses: Fundamentals of Engineer certification required; a Professional Engineering license is a plus for candidates with the requisite experience
• Experience with the National Electric Safety Code (NESC) and other applicable industry standards.
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office suite of software (e.g., Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project).
• Capability to learn a variety of client software packages and databases as required
• Must be comfortable in both a field and office setting.
• Must be able to lift 20 pounds.
• Must possess the physical ability to support fieldwork in, at times, rough terrain in order to access more remote project locations.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills within a team environment.
• Good interpersonal skills – may be in a client-facing role.
• Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
• Ability to work effectively in teams.
• Positive attitude and professional demeanor.
• Collaborative and inclusive of individuals of diverse backgrounds and geographic locations.
• Ability to operate in a fast-paced engineering/production environment.
• Ability to balance multiple assignments and priorities.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Electrical Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.