Project Scheduler (Primavera P6) Office Locations: Little Rock, AR, Jackson MS, New Orleans LA , Houston (The Woodlands), TX
At Leidos, we take care of our employees. We seek the best and the brightest, and in return, we invest in you, with an eye on your future, through career advancement, growth opportunities and continuous improvement via mentoring, formal and informal project management training and assistance with obtaining pertinent certifications. We challenge you to help solve some of the world’s toughest problems, and reward you with a welcoming culture that recognizes the importance of a strong work/life balance, as well as competitive compensation and benefits. We believe that diversity and inclusion make us all better and offer the chance to have fun and make a difference.
As a Project Scheduler within Leidos’ Power Delivery Services organization, you will work alongside project managers, construction managers and lead engineers for various clients supported by the Power Delivery Services (PDS) division, supporting Transmission & Distribution electric utility projects. The position will be client facing and responsible for creating, maintaining and driving resource and cost loaded schedules using Primavera P6 Scheduling Software.
You will also be:
• Developing, maintaining and driving engineering and construction schedules for various sized transmission & distribution projects for public-owned and investor-owned electric utilities located throughout the United States
Work with Project Management using earned value management techniques to ensure that schedule and costs are aligned, including the development of recovery plans, to stay within approved limits
• Partner closely with Engineering Leads and Managers to track and execute client deliverables
• Develop and produce schedule weekly/monthly project control reports for client and internal management review: which includes resource loading analysis and schedules, critical path items and risk analysis
• Interfacing directly with the client and internal management to report progress, schedule and risks across a portfolio of electrical distribution projects
• Assist the project manager with the creation and maintenance of comprehensive project dashboard reports and KPI tracking
What you will bring to the table:
• Bachelor’s degree in the following disciplines: Engineering, Construction Management, Business or Finance required with an additional 4+ years’ of relevant Primavera P6 scheduling experience or a Masters with 2+ years of relevant Primavera P6 scheduling experience
• PMP Certification is preferred but not required, however with the desire to obtain PMP Certification within two years
• Must demonstrate recent and in-depth expertise in electric power infrastructure projects within transmission or distribution design
• Must have the capability for planning, organizing, directing and tracking technical efforts on assigned tasks
• Should be capable of tracking cost and schedule status of assigned tasks
• Must be able to interact with customer representatives in an effective manner
• Must have demonstrated success with a team approach to the consulting business
• Strong writing and verbal communication skills
Leidos Engineering is a trusted and future-focused solutions provider. Utilities consistently come to Leidos for reliable power expertise, as reflected through our work with more than 50 investor-owned utilities and more than 160 municipals/cooperatives across the country as well as a growing number of local utility providers and private developers. Our project portfolio includes large energy projects for electric utilities, power generation owners, and industrial clients. In addition, Leidos works with an established group of industry-leading construction partners delivering meaningful energy delivery solutions.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.