Leidos' Military & Veterans Health Solutions Group is currently seeking a Junior Systems Engineer in support of the Department of Defense (DoD) Healthcare Management System Modernization (DHMSM) Program, $4.6B contract, known as MHS GENESIS. This highly-visible and impactful program is designed to deploy a new electronic health record to the military health system, supporting nearly 10 million service members and their families.
The DHMSM program provides modernization of Electronic Health Record (EHR) capabilities for the Department of Defense. The Leidos Partnership for Defense Health (LPDH) is seeking a Junior Systems Engineer to join the Engineering team and assist in providing technical systems engineering management for the DHMSM Program. Selected candidate will work closely with the Systems Engineering and Integration Lead, Systems Engineers, Software Engineers, and Operations Sustainment Engineers, as well as Government counterparts, to perform the full spectrum of systems engineering tasks as assigned.
- Responsible for completing assigned tasks related to employing SE standard methods, processes and tools to accomplish analysis, problem diagnosis and solution design, integration and test preparation, risk assessment and mitigation planning, and related activities as directed.
- Work closely with the D3P Chief Architect, Software, Data, and DevOps Engineers, and Data Scientists, as directed, on assigned tasks.
- Execution of engineering activities may include requirements analysis, implementation planning, integration and test, sustainment, documentation, deployment, and system assessment.
- Employ MBSE approach for systems planning, design, execution, and sustainment.
- As directed, assist in the development and maintenance of systems engineering documentation and diagrams/models through use of MBSE tool.
- Understanding and desire to learn an “Enterprise Product” approach to identify 1) Requirements that represent a gap in capabilities, and 2) Opportunities for reuse.
- Collaborate with colleagues and senior level team members, to monitor and report technical variances; facilitate resolution of technical issues that adversely impact successful product delivery
- Report the technical status of product development to assigned leads on a consistent basis.
- Identify and manage external dependencies.
- Experience with Windows and Linux-based IT systems.
- Familiar with EAI, web services and interface messaging standards.
- Knowledge of integration and troubleshooting techniques.
- Requires BS degree and less than 2 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience. Leidos internship experience may substitute completed degree at time of hire.
- US Citizen with ability to obtain and maintain ADP2/IT2 Public Trust. Federal Government requirement.
- Familiarity and basic knowledge of employing MBSE approach and tools or experience with framework/approach similar to MBSE.
- Demonstrable knowledge of systems engineering concepts and the ability to apply these concepts to software-intensive systems.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Agile software development knowledge.
- Understanding designing, integrating, configuring, and testing systems.
- Demonstrated ability to diagnose system problems and work closely with more experienced team members to develop innovative solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to understand cross-functional planning, coordination, and task execution situations involving the full spectrum of system integration activities.
- Ability to work well with people from many different disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience.
- Ability to express technical concepts effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Prior Leidos internship experience
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.