This role provides technical expertise and collaboration across an Agile team to ensure system application requirements and user stories are ready for implementation. This role supports software systems development, including documenting system application requirements, system interfaces, and data sources; and, supporting technical planning, development, integration, and verification and validation. This role refines customer roadmaps, enterprise epics, and strategic requirements into detailed requirements and actionable user stories to be delivered by the entire team. This role coordinates with the Scrum Master to prioritize user stories that realize customer requirements. Flexible cross-training to also provide systems engineering, software development, training, security, and testing is also desired.
- Coordination, and execution of systems engineering activities in support of data science team, such as feature/requirements analysis, design, implementation planning and documentation
- Coordinate, schedule and lead design sessions for feature developments related to data science team
- Act as the scrum master for a team of data scientists to clear hurdles in a fluid environment; implement short-term fixes; and scope, plan, and deploy long-term system improvements
- Develop and maintain systems engineering documentation and diagrams/models working in coordination/collaboration with chief engineer and other SE team members
- Perform systems engineering tasks within time-boxed (e.g. agile) sprints and releases. Support sprint and release planning activities as well as the creation of and/or input to work tickets (e.g. JIRA) and program/system documentation through the use of collaboration software (e.g. Confluence)
- Support and employ MBSE approach for systems planning, design, execution, and sustainment in coordination with the chief engineer and other SE team members
- Help to define processes for technical platforms, system specifications, input/output and working parameters for hardware and/or software compatibility and dependency
- Assist in establishing SE processes and tools to accomplish analysis, problem diagnosis and solution design, integration and test preparation, risk assessment and mitigation planning, and related activities
- Obtain solid understanding of software features in order to plan for current and upcoming releases
- Hold daily scrums and document minutes/actions/status with data science team
- Participate in release planning, scrum of scrums, bug triage and other pertinent meetings
- Report feature design and development status to PM staff and customer
- Communicate with customer on data science features and roadmap
- Assist with resolution of technical issues that adversely impact successful product delivery
- Assist with identifying and supporting external dependencies where needed
- Experience providing technical/management leadership on major tasks or technology assignments.
- Candidate must have BS with 8-12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6-10 years of prior relevant experience
- Experience establishing goals and plans that meet project objectives.
- Domain and expert technical knowledge.
- Experience directing and controlling activities for a client, having overall responsibility for financial management, methods, and staffing to ensure that technical requirements are met.
- Experience interfacing with senior management and negotiating with clients on requirements and deliverables.
- Experience supervising others.
- Candidate must have an active TS/SCI with polygraph.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:5000
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.