The Leidos Defense Group at Leidos has an immediate opening for a Software Engineer (Cyber Security Focused) to help us shape, develop, and deliver new software solutions leveraging state-of-the art technologies to our customers and launch new products and capabilities. In this role, you will join a dynamic team that is focused on providing world class solutions to our customers in an exciting, collaborative, and inclusive environment. The successful candidate will be organized, diligent and able to work successfully individually and in teams. The software engineer will provide software and security engineering support in accordance with Leidos and customer software security mandates, policies, standards, and procedures. This includes security services components as they apply to hardware and software. You’ll contribute to the team’s objectives by participating in Kanban or sprint planning, daily scrums, product reviews, and retrospectives. You will work with internal and external stockholders to design, build, secure, harden and deploy enterprise microservice based solutions.
- Design, develop, troubleshoot, and debug mission critical software source code using modern software development languages and tools, such as java.
- Participate in the full software development lifecycle, working within broadly defined parameters.
- Use Agile development tools such as Jira, Confluence, and Bitbucket/Git to manage work and collaborate with your teams.
- Support creation and updating of all relevant documentation and specifications for design, development and testing.
- Identify potential roadblocks and develop around them.
- Plan and estimate development tasks and work to improve performance metrics.
- Develop automated tests leveraging a continuous integration process.
- Own delivery of small parts of a system or application.
- Work closely with other engineers to develop the best technical design and approach for new product development.
- Build software solutions where the solution is not always well defined but always considers the customer first.
- Responsible for providing security during the development stages of software systems, networks, cloud environments and data centers.
- Search for vulnerabilities and risks in hardware and software.
- Examine and evaluate security strategies and defenses.
- Bachelor's Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or related field
- Experience with Java/C++ and object oriented programming (applicants will be tested).
- Ability to complete tasking independently with minimal direct supervision
- Ability to work and collaborate effectively within a multi-disciplined engineering team.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Unix shell scripting
- Demonstrated proficiency in at least one high-level programming language (Java, C#, Go, Python)
- Demonstrated proficiency with multiple operating systems (Mac OSX, Windows, and LINUX)
- Proficiency with MS Office Products (Word, Excel, Visio, & PowerPoint).
- Strong, self-motivated desire to learn new programming languages, tools, frameworks, and techniques.
- Must be able to obtain a DoD Secret Security Clearance.
- Familiarity working with a version control system (e.g., Git)
- Familiarity working with CI/CD processes and tools (Jenkins)
- Familiarity working with virtualization technologies (VMWare and VirtualBox)
- Familiarity working with the Atlassian toolset
- Familiarity working with AWS
- Familiarity with web application technologies, such as Apache Tomcat, JBoss, etc.
- Familiarity performing security audits and assessments
- Knowledge of Agile Development methodologies.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.