Leidos is looking for a Systems Integration Engineer to join a high performing agile team using the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) methodology to support a nationally significant and fast-paced program. Program execution follows DEVOPS best practices and employs robust development, test and production environments. We are using Test Driven Development (TDD) and test automation tools alongside a full suite of team collaboration tools. Leidos is the prime contractor providing system engineering, development, test, integration and operational support. The multi-year program is focused on injecting new technology and adding advanced capabilities while continuing to support an on-going mission and operational system.
The Systems Integration Engineer will provide full lifecycle support activities to include: requirements gathering, end-to-end system integration, racking, cabling, configuring devices, and deployment, installation, and updates of developed software, vendor firmware, COTS, and FOSS. She/he will develop and implement strategies to maintain and improve internal functionality, enhance performance with external systems, protect critical data sets, and provide assessments of system and network vulnerabilities. The ideal candidate will have a strong system administration background and exceptional communication skills.
The Systems Integration Engineer will support Linux and Windows-based components within a large, high-performance computing system and will provide substantial diagnostics and troubleshooting expertise. She/he will work with System Integrators to analyze system behavior errors (software and hardware-related) to include examining and analyzing event/audit logs and identifying errors root causes. The selected candidate will provide support for development and production systems, perform ad-hoc tasking which may include applying software builds, updating application versions, applying security patches, and changing configuration settings. She/he will provide support for deployment activities, perform COTS software installation and evaluation, and complete external site hardware and software installation, as well as identify and resolve unplanned anomalies/issues.
The Systems Integration Engineer will work with internal Team Leads and external organizations to identify acceptable outage windows that will minimize disruption to operational users and/or others who require system access (testers, integrators, etc.). She/he will develop and update data flow diagrams and documentation used in the deployment and management of the system and will support the development of system configuration documentation, including detailed designs for risk assessments and analyses of alternatives for a variety of system-related issues and concerns.
- Bachelor’s Degree in System Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering Science, Engineering Management, or a related field and at least 8 years of related experience or a Master’s Degree and at least 6 years of relevant experience. Additional experience may be substituted for a Degree.
- At least 2 years of experience troubleshooting large, complex IT systems and networks
- Hands-on Linux system administration experience
- Experience deploying application software including application servers is required
- Firewall administration experience is required
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills
- Must be able to plan and prioritize tasking and communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Must be an independent thinker, capable of performing high quality work, both independently and with a team, in a fast-moving environment
- VMWare administration
- Windows administration
- Experience with complex network systems, to include firewalls, NIDS, NAT, PAT on multiple hardware architectures
- Experience developing system analysis, risk analysis, and/or vulnerability assessments
- Recent hands on experience with one or more of the following: ArcSight, StealthWatch, TripWire, Zenoss, Splunk
- Past operating level system administration support to Oracle database instances a plus
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:5000
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.