Leidos is seeking a Chemist in Earth City, MO. The Chemist will perform environmental verification and validation of radiochemical, inorganic, and organic analytical data. Along with conduct data validation and associated activities in support of an environmental remediation program for a group of clients. The position will employ multiple radiochemical and non-radiochemical techniques and validation/verification methodologies on environmental samples related to site characterization, site remediation, environmental permits, effluent waters, waste disposal, and general project support. The Chemist will utilize data management system(s) to manage samples/data from beginning to end within the Data Management Group (DMG) and will write quality assurance/quality control reports.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Review and evaluate data obtained, either by in house methods or vendor laboratory coordination, to ensure that they meet the quality requirements associated with regulatory programs and laboratory QA/QC.
- Routine communication and coordination with DMG management and staff to ensure overall project object(s) are satisfied.
- Bachelor's Degree in Chemistry or closely related field.
- Strong organizational, scheduling and writing skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Effective communication and interactive personal skills.
- Knowledgeable of computer software programs including spreadsheets, database, and other Microsoft Office products.
- Familiarity with industry environmental data validation practices/policies/procedures.
- Familiar with radiological, inorganic and organic laboratory methods, QA/QC elements and record keeping.
- Proficient with computer software programs including spreadsheets, database, and other Microsoft Office products.
- Familiarity with laboratory instrumentation systems.
- Further education beyond initial scientific degree, viz. data validation practices, quality assurance/control courses, statistics.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.