The Enterprise and Cyber Solutions (E&CS) Operation within Leidos’ Defense Group has an opening for a Cloud Computing Systems Integration and Test Engineer for the GIG Service Management – Operations II (GSM-O II) contract.
This role is primary remote but will also require onsite visits to Ft. Meade, MD. One must live within driving distance to Ft. Meade, MD to be considered for this role.
This contract includes the Operations, Sustainment, Maintenance, Repair, and Defense of the Defense Information System Network (DISN) within the DOD Information Network (DODIN) in support of the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA). It also includes support to other key tasks for DISA, including the transformation of DISA’s operational mission through innovation, and support to DISA’s mission partners.
In this role, you will:
- Be responsible for working within a fast paced, Agile team to support testing new cloud tool deployments using an infrastructure as code automated CI/CD pipeline.
- Test tool functionality and integration within existing frameworks in the AWS Cloud.
- Work with the New Innovations internal development and implementation teams, operational end users, and support teams to analyze, build and maintain test plans, test cases, integration testing, and requirements verification testing for cloud innovation implementations.
- Maintain a mapping of requirements and use cases to developed test cases.
- Create test plan and test engineering documents to support the GSM-O Innovation deployments.
- Support the design and implementation of test cases and testing framework for the instantiation of infrastructure as code innovations in an AWS environment to verify the quality of deployed code.
- Development of requirements and use case based test cases to ensure functionality innovations deployed into AWS.
- Support the automation of test tooling and pipelines that enable secured and tested systems to be deployed across a variety of environments in the AWS Cloud.
- Implementation and execution of interface integration test cases to ensure integration of the tools to external sources.
- Write actionable test cases to verify testable product requirements derived from user stories based on input from development and operations teams.
- Author and and execute User Acceptance strategies, plans and scripts for the migration of existing tools to the cloud environment as well as new tool instantiations in the cloud.
- Ensuring that the test strategy is maintained and updated as needed in accordance with best practices throughout the development lifecycle.
- Employing exceptional problem-solving skills.
- Performing Regression, Integration, and Verification and Validation Testing of web services in the cloud.
- Conduct troubleshooting/test execution in support of remediation efforts as required
- Assist with identifying and supporting external dependencies where needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline w/ 2 years of related experience or Master’s degree with 1-2 years of related experience. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of degree
- Experience in testing cloud tools and capabilities within a DoD environment.
- 2 years of systems engineering experience
- 1+ years of hands-on experience in testing AWS infrastructure environments, test automation, and requirements verification, managing multiple environments
- Experience with cloud-based AWS services- Experience with SecDevOps and CI/CD pipeline
- Experience with cloud-based - specifically AWS - enterprise implementations
- Experience working with Linux operating system and operating system commands
- Knowledge of web services: API, REST
- Strong awareness of networking and internet protocols
- Experience with JIRA, Git repo and Confluence
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required to collaborate with customer representatives, domain experts, systems engineers and architects
- Ability to work well/collaborate with people from many different disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience
- Sec+ Certification (or other applicable 8570 required certification), or ability to obtain one in a short timeframe
- Understanding of ITIL foundation or ITIL certified
- Experience with Ansible or Python scripting
- Experience with Automated Test frameworks
- Experience with DevOps/DevSecOps, Configuration as Code, Infrastructure as Code, and CI/CD implementation
- Experience with Xray Test Management
- Experience developing test cases for system requirements across multiple subsystems/tools
- Experience testing open-source and COTS technology
- Experience and domain knowledge related to data processing
- AWS cloud certifications
- Experience with other database systems (Relational / Graph / NoSQL) and data models
- 2-4 (or more) years of experience with systems and/or test engineering
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:$3000
Potential for Telework:Yes, 75%
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Testing and Quality Assurance
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.