The Defense Group at Leidos currently has an opening for a Program Support Specialist who will be located in Augusta, GA. This position will support the Program Management operations team executing the CECOM Integrated Logistics Support Center (ILSC) Force Modernization Division (FMD) which supports the fielding and modernization of C4ISR systems. This position will report to the Leidos Project Management and Planning Operations Supervisor and is responsible for planning, organizing and securing critical program data to bring about the successful completion of all CDRL requirements. This position will interface with key Leidos, government and subcontractor personnel.
- Strong and accurate data entry and proofing/editing skills are required for entering data into appropriate fields, databases, and records. Handling numerical data accurately. Identifying, correcting, modifying inaccurate files and records. Summarizing data for standardized reports. Maintains a satisfactory level of quality and productivity per our program’s standards.
- Assist with building program/data management systems.
- Provide direct support to the Program Manager for development of status reports, data entry, CDRL development and submission.
- Strong communications skills required to communicate effectively on a daily basis with the Government customers, Leidos employees, co-workers and subcontracting personnel.
- Oversight and review of all planned travel estimates to ensure all travel requirements are met, estimates are within the government Per Diem rates, and ensure adherence to all travel-related policies and procedures. Establish protocols and processes to ensure accurate submissions are provided to the Government customer within 24 hours, track all submissions, and disseminate COR approvals. Responsible for providing clear guidance for submissions returned for corrections to individual Leidos travelers or subcontractors either via telephone conversations or email. Critical thinking skills are needed to be able to assess potential issues, create effective solutions, and implement new processes or templates as needed. Responsible for the upkeep, accuracy and submission of the weekly travel CDRL. Oversight, review and tracking of additional submissions for Extended Work Week (EWW), Alternative Work Schedules (AWS), and Alternative Work Locations (AWL) requests, ensure all requests are within policy guidelines, track all estimated hours, collect/track actual EWW hours and ensure all reporting related to EWW has been completed. Conduct periodic reviews of EWW hours, identify trends, and follow up on any variances that are not within the norm.
- Expense Delegate for all Leidos travelers on our program, which consists of oversight and review of all submissions, ensure accuracy, verify charge codes, follow up with individual travelers for required information. Ensure all appropriate COR approvals are included with receipt attachments as required.
- Back-up support for the program’s purchasing program. Ensure compliance with budget/financial planning for appropriate plan placement. Provide accurate documentation identifying all active phones, comparing active phones against the vendor invoicing on a monthly basis. Purchasing experience on a large program and use of CHESS is a plus.
- Maintain the program’s Procedure guide/SOP on areas such as travel, expenses, EWW, AWS / AWL, phones, purchasing, etc. Research Leidos corporate expense policies along with the Joint Travel Regulations (JTR) policies with questionable expense estimates, and the ability to communicate the policy clearly to the traveler.
- Maintain filing system and protect confidential customer information.
- Assists team members when needed to accomplish team goals. Completes additional assigned tasks as required.
- Associate’s Degree or 1 or more years prior equivalent experience
- Active DoD Secret security clearance or the ability to obtain a DoD Secret security clearance
- 1 or more years of experience in data entry or equivalent training
- Ability to type a minimum of 65 WPM
- Individual contributor within a fast-paced team environment
- Highly organized multitasker who works well in a fast-paced environment. Excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritize and comply with deadlines.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Critical thinking skills are necessary to be able to assess potential issues, create effective solutions, and implement new processes or templates as needed. Reviews data for errors, missing pages, or missing information and resolves any discrepancies.
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks with a high degree of accuracy
- Accurate, fast keying skills and Perform high-volume data entry using word processing, spreadsheet, database, or other computer software, transcribing source data into the required electronic format. Accurate and precise attention to detail. Proven track record of efficiency and accuracy in managing multiple functions, solving problems, maintaining confidentiality and producing quality work.
- Proven ability to review data collected, analyze trends, identify concerns, and implement strategies for success.
- Self-motivated to understand the critical processes, data flows, timeliness, audit, and the relationships of work products. Verifies integrity of data by comparing it to source documents.
- Experienced user with extensive knowledge of Excel to include formulas and pivot tables. Sound knowledge in MS Office Suite, SharePoint, and database applications.
- Ability to utilize prior experiences for continue improvement.
- Ability to communicate policies and procedures in a clear and consistent manner to all Leidos employees and subcontractors.
- Experience with database applications and other types of relational databases and reporting development software or Program Management solutions
- Understanding of C4ISR system fielding, modernization, and training
- Prior military experience
- Active DoD Secret security clearance
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:$1,000
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:SCA Secretarial
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.