Leidos is looking for a Major Incident Manager to support the Defense Health Agency (DHA) Military Health Services (MHS) Enterprise Information Technology Services Integrator (EITSI) program.
The DHA MHS EITSI program is a critical program to modernize, standardize and optimize the Defense Health Agency’s IT infrastructure by establishing an Enterprise IT Services (EITS) environment using a Multisourcing Services Integrator (MSI) approach.
The services integrator will manage the EITS environment and assist the government in providing oversight of the Service Providers (SPs) for the benefit of the DHA, MHS, and mission partners. The EITSI will provide independent end-to-end accountability through coordination and validation of IT services delivered by separately contracted SPs. The EITSI will also deliver Service Desk and Global Operations (Network Operations Center, Performance Management) services to DHA.
The IT infrastructure and operations framework will support a global data communications network, and enterprise services infrastructure, including data center(s), server hosting, and end-user platform capabilities enabling more than 150K military personnel to support the continuum of health services.
- The candidate will be responsible for processes, procedures, and oversight to optimize the services delivered by the EITSI program.
- Candidate will be responsible for performing ongoing analysis, and trending and forecasting of service delivery to optimize operational performance and efficiency.
- Develop, design and optimize end-to-end processes to support Incident Management.
- Perform analysis to develop business process changes to maximize efficiencies.
- Participate in interviews and Program Partnering Workshops to capture data and knowledge specific to job functions.
- Perform Gap Analyses - Review documentation & validate progress, validate workflows, problem escalation rules, and roles.
- Establish and maintain transparent and respectful working relationships with leadership by site, team members, and Leidos representatives.
- Provide the leadership to resolve technical, security and physical incidents.
- Collaborate and coordinate with external customers, management, subcontractors, vendors, and other disciplines.
- Provides support for call overflow during peak time or reduced staff during off peak hours.
- Determine, track, and provide metrics concerning issues, problems, and work orders.
- Training other staff members on troubleshooting and diagnosing problems.
- Level III performs more varied and difficult tasks compared to Level II.
Requires Bachelor's degree.
- 6-8 years of prior relevant experience.
- Experience managing the implementation and operation of ITSM processes aligned with ITIL framework (additional specific experience may be accepted in lieu of degree).
- Ability to coordinate changes to processes to improve.
- Understanding of key ITSM processes including Incident Management and Continual Service Improvement.
- Must have a good understanding in the use of tools in addressing both systems and security incidents.
- Must have a good understanding in the use of tools to prevent/minimize systems and security incidents.
- Must have directly demonstrated expertise in systems documentation.
- Must be able to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Must be able to work independently to develop innovative approaches and optimizations.
- Create a culture which drives continuously improved service delivery.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to collaborate with customer representatives, domain experts, and other stakeholders.
- Ability to work well with people from many different disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience.
- Team leadership to task and drive team performance.
- ITIL v3 or ITIL 4 Foundation background.
- Master’s degree in Systems Engineering, Computer Science or other like degree.
- Leadership experience.
- Experience managing direct employees and overseeing subcontractors including remote employees and teleworkers.
- Defense industry experience.
- Healthcare experience.
- Experience with ServiceNow or like ITSM Framework processes.
-Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) version 3 Foundation certification.
-ITIL 4 Foundation Certification.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Customer Support
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.