Leidos Corporate Group has an immediate opening for IT Operations Systems Administrator to join our Enterprise Operations team in San Diego – CA. In this role, you will provide IT services and support in the areas of daily IT operations, job scheduling, vulnerability management, DRaaS, software development/maintenance, network services, systems administration (WIN, Linux, UNIX), cloud ops, and test and evaluation. Additionally, you will perform tiers one and two operational support, and will possess strong problem-solving, analytical, and communication skills.
Please note that this role has rotational evening shift requirement for a few days every several weeks.
Typical duties may include:
- Working with Tidal or other job scheduling solutions; SharePoint; and, ServiceNow or other ITSM solutions
- Participate in the incident management process as an Incident Commander for major outages
- Assist in the development of Standard Operating Procedures and knowledgebase repository resources
- Install operating system software, patches, and upgrades
- Analyze, troubleshoot, and resolve system hardware, software, and networking issues
- Configure, optimize, fine-tune, and monitor operating system software and hardware
- Perform system backups and recovery as part of DRaaS
- Conduct server builds
- Bachelor's degree with 2-4 years of experience as a Systems Administrator and/or supporting enterprise backup environments. Additional years of relevant experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Regular attendance in accordance with established work schedule is mandatory.
- Willingness to work any shift/designated hours (including night and weekend) is required as you may be asked to provide support during inclement weather or other conditions when others are not able to work
- Candidate must exhibit a professional behavior that promotes teamwork, fosters cooperation, and enhances productivity in the workplace. Must be well organized with the ability to coordinate, prioritize and execute multiple tasks simultaneously in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing to work effectively with other teams across the enterprise
- Candidate must be able to interface effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Experience with AWS and/or Azure cloud platforms
- Experience with NetBackup or other enterprise data protection solution
- Able to leverage Splunk, Tableau, PowerBi, or other business intelligence tools to create meaningful dashboards and collect key operations performance metrics
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.