Leidos is hiring a Senior SharePoint Administrator to support our ESA V program in Washington, DC. ESA V is an IT applications and infrastructure services program supporting several customers within the Department of Justice (DOJ), including the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF). The program provides a range of IT services, including software application support, enterprise infrastructure support, service desk, ITSM, deskside support, workstation engineering and maintenance, telecommunications and mobility engineering services, managed print services, Active Directory services, and video conferencing.
The program is expanding and is adding a dedicated SharePoint administrator to support the ATF customer. The person hired for this position will support infrastructure services, operations and maintenance across the whole ATF SharePoint environment. This position is based onsite with the customer at the ATF Headquarters location in Washington DC, and requires working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. The ideal candidate will be personable and articulate, and will focus on making sure that customers’ and users’ IT needs are met quickly and effectively. He or she will be a self-starter who can work with limited supervision. Excellent communication skills are required to effectively interface with customers and users, understand their needs and issues, and then be able to translate them into actions.
The tasks required for this position include:
- Update and maintain a collaborative solutions-based framework of websites and portals in a Microsoft SharePoint environment.
- Perform SharePoint administrative functions to include task execution using Central Administration and PowerShell. Support the installation, configuration, security, operation, and maintenance of servers, equipment, and software related to SharePoint infrastructure.
- Maintain and administer multiple Microsoft SharePoint Enterprise Farms (DEV, SAT, PROD) including daily monitoring of event logs, troubleshooting and performance analysis to monitor overall health.
- Perform system administrative activities such as SharePoint and .Net Framework patching, and monitoring SharePoint content databases.
- Implement best practices for security and server performance or optimizations
- Support on-call, after hours troubleshooting and service restoration activities
- Support site setup, permission management, troubleshooting, and service requests for customers, content managers and knowledge managers.
- Work closely with customers to handle service request inquiries and problems, including working break/fix incident tickets and monitoring SharePoint related ticket queues in ServiceNow
- Work closely with SharePoint developers to maintain, correct and improve SharePoint capabilities.
- Perform advanced scripting to include, but not limited to, Windows PowerShell.
- Bachelor’s degree with 8+ years of experience or a Master’s degree with 6+ years’ experience. Additional years of experience and/or relevant certifications will be considered in lieu of degree.
- Candidate selected will be subject to a Government Public Trust security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to the customer’s information. US Citizenship is required. Current clearance is not required, but selected individual cannot start the assignment until the required security clearance is granted by the customer.
- SharePoint administration experience in an operational environment
- Experience with SharePoint 2013
- Experience supporting on-premise SharePoint environments
- Scripting experience, including Windows PowerShell
- Experience supporting operational environments, and troubleshooting and resolving operational issues
- Experience performing patches and upgrades to an operational environment
- Experience establishing goals and meeting project plan objectives
- Excellent communication skills
- Customer interface experience
- Excellent teamwork skills and experience
- Experience with support ticket management systems
- Experience with SharePoint 2016 and 2019
- Experience supporting cloud environments (Azure, AWS)
- Experience with SharePoint migrations
- Experience with performance and administration monitoring tools such as SCOM
- Familiarity with SharePoint and .NET development
- Government contracting experience, particularly with the DOJ
- DOJ Clearance
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.