The Leidos Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) Accelerator is seeking a data scientist interested in embracing new technical challenges by imparting innovative solutions with a lens on AI. Be a part of a team that has regular technical interchanges and whiteboard session discussing latest AI/ML and signal processing trends, assist other Leidos teams with AI/ML innovation through prototypes, and representing Leidos within the broader AI/ML community.
Fun stuff you will do on the job:
- Design and articulate an AI/ML data science agenda that is consistent with that strategy and supports a large pipeline of opportunities for which these technologies are critical
- Demonstrate data science capabilities through understanding and application of the math, statistics and machine learning to build software prototypes based on various data science and machine learning use cases.
- Use programming languages like Python to implement machine learning prototypes.
- Develop a broad set of creative and innovative R&D concepts that address major and emerging AI/ML challenges and advance the state of the art in key areas of strategic importance to Leidos.
- Expand and enhance AI and ML strategy for a $10B+ Fortune 500 company with major markets in Defense, Intelligence, Civil, and Health.
- Work with potential sponsors (internal and/or external) to secure funding for new data analytic efforts based on those concepts.
- Communicate innovations and prototypes as means of collaborations with other scientists/engineers
This is you:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science, data science, machine learning, or a related discipline, such as statistics or applied mathematics with familiar 4 years with one or more subfields of ML or AI, including: Computer Vision; Pattern Recognition; Predictive Modeling and Decision Support; Computational Linguistics/Natural Language Processing; Speech Processing/ASR; Machine Translation; Adversarial ML; AI Assurance; Explainable AI; Knowledge Representation and Reasoning; Graph Processing/Graph Analytics
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance
- Working knowledge and understanding (2 to 4 years) of many areas of Machine Learning, including Deep Learning
- Ability to communicate effectively about ML with a broad range of audiences, from internal leaders to external customers and from sophisticated ML data scientist to those with little or no relevant background
You will wow us more if you have these skills:
- Hands-on experience ( 2 to 4 years) with one or more of the machine learning and deep learning tools (e.g., TensorFlow, Spark, Theano, PyTorch, Scikit-learn, Keras, Caffe, Nvidia Digits) and collaboration environments (e.g. Jupyter notebooks, PyCharm)
- Demonstrated experience (2 to 4 years) with many of the following approaches: Statistical implementations, dynamic modeling using AI/ML, GANs, Autoencoders, Reinforcement Learning, Deep Learning (CNNs, RCNNs, LSTMs) Siamese Networks, Regression, SVMs, HMMs, CRFs, LDA
- Experience in customizing machine learning solutions to specific use cases.
External Referral Eligible
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:$5000.00
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Data Scientist
Pay Range:Pay Range $71,500.00 - $110,000.00 - $148,500.00
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.