Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals.
Join the Leidos NISC IV program as an Eastern Service Center Performance Based Navigation (PBN) Project Status Specialist. We are seeking a PBN Support Specialist in College Park, GA, to work with the best and brightest subject matter experts around the country in creating innovative and efficient solutions for our aviation programs. You will work in a fast-paced and diverse environment, enjoy flexible work arrangements, and will have a management team that encourages your career development and growth.
In this role, you will gain many intangible skills, such as time and task management, critical thinking and problem solving, the ability to communicate complicated problems in a concise manner, as well as solve complex problems using available tools.
The NISC IV contract provides technical support to various Air Traffic Control Towers, Terminal Radar Approach Controls (TRACON), Air Route Traffic Control Centers (ARTCC) the FAA Air Traffic Organization headquarters and Regional Offices.
The selected candidate will be a subject matter expert and provide assistance to the Eastern Service Center (ESC) Operations Support Group for the implementation of Performance Based Navigation (PBN) projects through a variety of support activities including, but not limited to, program and project management, scheduling, documentation, project analysis, and dissemination of information.
The candidate must provide tracking and reporting of project milestones using scheduling tools for the PBN projects, including but not limited to project information in the Project Tracking Tool (PTT).
Please note: travel is 50%.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Prepare and provide daily status tracking of projects and provide Project Status Report and a Post Implementation Analysis Report (PIAR). This could include data from the Aviation Safety Action Program (ASAP), Air Traffic Safety Action Program (ATSAP), Mandatory Occurrence Report (MOR), Electronic Occurrence Report (EOR), Pilot Deviation (PD) reports, and Aviation Safety Information Analysis and Sharing (ASIAS).
- Review analysis studies on operational use of PBN routes and procedures.
- Schedule all PBN meetings.
- Document and take minutes for PBN meetings (internal and external).
- Review and reconcile PTT, Project Tracking System (PTS), PBN Weekly, and documentation from various sources.
- Review and update local and national PBN KSN.
- Process Initial Request Forms (IRF) and track progress through approval, coordinate approved IRFs with appropriate stakeholders.
- Retrieve Baseline Analysis Reports/Reviews (BARs) and set up meetings with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to review.
- Develop project scope documents and coordinate scope changes and provide analysis of PBN trends.
- Provide data for PBN Metric reporting.
- Maintain PBN KSN site for ESC and coordinate between Line of Business and other groups to ensure standardization of PBN reporting.
- Usually requires BA degree and 4 - 8 years of prior relevant experience OR Masters with 2 - 6 years of prior relevant experience OR additional years of relevant experience will be considered/accepted in lieu of degree.
- National Airspace System and FAA Directives: Extensive knowledge of the NAS and FAA Directives.
- Planning: Conduct efficient, organized data gathering and data analysis and must be able to develop reports, establish schedules, and conduct studies.
- Communications: Must accomplish clear and concise general and technical writings, prepare and conduct effective technical presentations, provide thorough project monitoring and reporting, and tactfully coordinate with a variety of project stake holders, peers and management levels.
- Computer Applications: Capable of applying MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, database management applications and know how to use the internet as a data gathering and communication tool.
- Provides organized documentation, and has an awareness of general documentation systems.
- Ability to obtain and/or maintain Public Trust Security Clearance.
- Previous experience at a Level 10/11/12 FAA ATC Facility.
- FAA management and/or Staff experience.
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:1000
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 50% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.