Leidos Corporate Group has an opening for an International Accounting Senior Manager to join our Global Consolidations & Intercompany team. The ideal candidate will thrive in a fast-paced environment and possess proven project management skills. The ideal candidate will also build strong relationships cross-functionally within the organization and become a respected business partner. We are looking for a dynamic leader who can energize and empower their team to reach new heights. Please note that while telecommute is allowed, you must live within commuting distance from one of our following offices: Reston - VA, Oak Ridge - TN, or Tucson - AZ for occasional onsite meetings.
- Review International subsidiaries’ general ledger account balances to ensure completeness and U.S. GAAP compliance.
- Review JE’s and reconciliations related to Canadian entities, ensuring proper support exists.
- Oversee 3rd party service provider preparation of monthly international subsidiary trial balances for submission to consolidated results.
- Review financials uploaded to the company’s consolidations system timely (~8 countries) and note discrepancies within the countries monthly trend review package.
- Escalate outstanding reconciling items or follow-up questions if necessary.
- Coordinate and drive resolution of statutory audits for international entities and branches.
- Review carve-out financial statements prepared by team members for international tax returns & statutory reporting.
- Prepare functional currency analyses of new subsidiaries for review by Technical Accounting.
- Ensure compliance with assigned SOX/DFARS internal controls and respond timely to all audit requests.
- Identify and communicate process improvement and automation opportunities.
- Be a good people manager by setting clear goals and expectations, effectively delegating tasks, demonstrating empathy, and being an advocate for the team’s success.
- Be a respected business partner with line and corporate functions, such as Project Controllers, FP&A, Procurement, Tax, Technical Accounting, Financial Reporting, Global Mobility and International Payroll.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and 8+ years of Accounting experience.
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Effective leadership and communication (verbal, written, presentation) skills, including PowerPoint.
- Openness to a flexible work schedule, including ability and willingness to work during non-business hours to support international meetings as needed.
- Technically savvy with Microsoft Excel, Oracle Analytics Cloud, and other databases for handling large data sets.
- Working knowledge of GAAP and some knowledge of IFRS and tax preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to interact with all levels of personnel.
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills.
- Public accounting experience and active CPA license a plus
- International accounting, or international consolidations experience with a large public company preferred
- Accounting systems experience including Deltek Costpoint and Oracle Financial Close & Consolidations Management (FCCM) or One Stream Consolidations a plus
- Experience developing queries using tools like Oracle Analytics Cloud (OAC) & Tool for Oracle Application Developers (TOAD), a plus
- Prior government contracting experience a plus
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:Yes, 75%
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.