Leidos are a growing company delivering innovative technology and solutions focused on safeguarding critical capabilities and transformation in frontline services, our work in the United Kingdom includes addressing some of the most complex problems in defence, healthcare, government, safety and security, and transportation.
We are looking for a Tax Manager to join our team.
The Tax Compliance Manager - Europe Region reports into the Financial Controller and has responsibility for taxation compliance and reporting across the Leidos UK and Europe operations, including multiple UK legal entities and non-UK branches and subsidiaries. The role has responsibility across all areas of direct and indirect tax, under UK and USGAAP, and works closely with the UK accounting team and Leidos US head office tax team in partnership with external global tax services providers.
The role is a senior position in the team, and is expected to proactively drive process improvements and provide guidance and advice to the business whilst ensuring compliance with all jurisdictions tax requirements.
The role is designated as a non-office based position.
General tax compliance
- Work with the Leidos US tax team and external tax services providers to develop and evolve the optimal tax service provision structure for UK and Europe region in order to support future growth in EMEA markets
- Proactively identify tax risks and opportunities and work with Leidos US tax team and external advisors to progress and resolve
- Maintaining the CCO and SAO documentation and framework
- Review International Review Board business activity submissions for tax considerations (PE requirements etc)
- Maintain the published UK company tax strategy document
- Support intercompany transfer pricing framework and reviews
- Point of contact for HMRC audits and queries
- Work closely with the Branch accounting manager and external tax service providers to ensure accurate and timely branch tax return submissions (indirect and direct)
- Responsible for the timely and accurate preparation of multi-jurisdictional VAT and sales tax returns – review submissions prepared by the general ledger team and external tax service providers
- Maintain appropriate VAT coding process framework and oversee compliance, including MTD compliance
- Provide VAT guidance and compliance training
- Work with external tax advisors to resolve VAT points, including international VAT flows
- Point of contact for tax authority queries and issues
- Overall responsibility for accurate and timely submission of UK Corporation tax returns. Work with the general ledger team to prepare tax packs for submission to externals tax services provider
- Work with external tax services provider to review and finalise UK Corporation tax returns
- Primary point of contact for the Leidos US tax team
- Prepare quarterly UK tax package submissions to feed USGAAP ledger tax bookings
- Deferred tax calculations
- Point of contact for tax authority queries and issues
- Support Branch accounting manager with review of branch jurisdiction tax returns (prepared by external advisors)
- Prepare PSA returns
- Prepare employee share scheme reporting returns
- Provide guidance to the business on employment tax matters (supported by external tax services provider)
- Maintain balance sheet reconciliations for tax related general ledger accounts. Ensure tax balances in the general ledger are accurate and supportable, and reconciliation items are dealt with timely.
- 5+ years experience in a general tax role
- Experience of preparing and reviewing VAT returns – preferably including international
- Experience of preparing tax packs for CT, and DT calculations
- Experience of working in a US multinational company
- Excel skills – strong
- Proactive and keen to develop process efficiencies and control improvements
- Strong attention to detail with process controls focus
Location: Home worker
What do we do for you?
We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent.
Our reward scheme includes:
Contributory Pension Scheme
Private Medical Insurance
33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, and cycle to work scheme)
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:Other Clearance
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.