Leidos is looking for a Tier 0/1 Sys Admin/Help Desk Support Specialist to join a high performing agile team using the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) methodology to support a nationally significant and fast-paced program that provides system engineering, development, test, integration and operational support focused on injecting new technology and adding advanced capabilities while continuing to support an on-going mission and operational system.
As a Help Desk Support Specialist / Windows System Administrator, this individual will be responsible for fielding phone calls from customers located throughout the world. This role is customer facing and requires outstanding communication skills and effective customer interaction via phone call, e-mail, DM, and ticket responses. The selected individual will be required to thoroughly document user Information Technology (IT) issues in a ticketing system and coordinate with program IT teams to ensure issues are resolved. She/he will be required to handle a wide variety of issues ranging from government off the shelf (GOTs) client software issues to network connectivity issues. Cross-team coordination and collaboration are required to complete most help desk tasks.
- Providing initial contact and incident resolution to customers with hardware, software, and application problems.
- Provide in-person and remote troubleshooting support to customers, both internal and external to the program.
- Assist networking engineers in identifying and troubleshooting network problems.
- Document incident status and resolutions via incident database tools.
- Monitor systems availability, diagnose system configuration issues, and assist with fine-tuning system performance.
- Understand dependencies across hardware and software components.
- Provide input for standard operating procedures, and create or update documentation when required.
- Provide polite and friendly customer service and be successful in customer interactions.
- Quickly responding to customer inquiries and providing concise, accurate, and timely status reports and follow-ups via phone, email, direct messaging (DM), or group messaging.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field and at least 4 years of related experience. Additional experience may be substituted for a Degree.
- Must have at least 3 years of experience working on an IT Help Desk.
- Must be willing to work a normal (8 hour) work day within the hours of 0700-1800 M-F, and be flexible depending on workload.
- Must have experience troubleshooting Windows Operating System and application issues.
- Must have experience with remote troubleshooting through diagnostics techniques.
- Must have the ability to analyze, understand, and articulate complex issues within in a short period of time.
- Experience with desktop deployment tools such as SCCM, MDT, VMware VSphere, McAfee ePO and\or WDS.
- Experience or familiarity with Microsoft Active Directory and User Administration, including creating and managing user, group, and computer objects within Active Directory.
- Must possess desktop support skills, to include basic PC and application troubleshooting, experience supporting peripherals such as printers, scanners, and various input\output devices such as KVM's.
- Experience or familiarity with Linux based Operating Systems, support, and application installation.
- Must possess strong analytic abilities.
- Must be detail-oriented and meticulous throughout all customer interactions and in the execution of all tasks.
- Excellent communications skills and careful attention to detail are essential.
- Must be a self-starter with strong collaboration skills.
- Must be committed to adopting and adhering to best practices including compliance with maintenance windows and change control procedures.
- Must be an independent thinker capable of working proficiently both independently and within a team environment.
- Experience managing a Microsoft Exchange integrated environment.
- Experience in a System Administration role supporting a software configuration management and development environment.
- In-depth experience with Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Visio and MS Paint.
- Experience working in or around a SAFe Agile development program or environment.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:5000
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.